Registered gift deed from father to son

Advocate

Your worries and concern are natural and genuine especially in the event of the witnesses to the gift deed turning hostile to the execution of the gift deed.  Therefore the best way to protect the property and ensure that it remains with you even during a legal battle through court, you can transfer all the records, namely, revenue records, water tax, property tax, electricity connection in connection with the property on your name immediately during your father's life time, this will substantially prove the genuineness of the gift deed in your favor and your possession of property thereon. 

Advocate

Over and above the valuable advice of Learned expert Mr. T. Kalaiselvan  I advice you to make a Declaratory Affidavit of your father  to be affirmed before a 1st. class Judicial Magistrate declaring that he (your father) voluntarily made this gift deed in your favour without under any duress pressure or otherwise and with sound state of mind and body 

Thank you Mr. Kalaiselvan and Mr. Roy for your valuable suggestions.

At present my father is staying with me at Bangalore, as he was not being treated well by my mother and sister. I had to get him along with me to save his life.

Can this Declatory affidavit be made in Bangalore? or we need to go to the hometown, jamshedpur?

Advocate

Your father can swear Affidavit at Bangalore.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x