LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit G (Owner)     02 May 2015

Quashing of fir under copyright act 1957 section 63b

I am an accussed of a case filed under Copyright Act 1957 section 63B, 64. I was using pirated software of a company (Opposite party) and there was raid at my Institute. FIR was filed under Copyright Act 1957 section 63B, 64. Afterwards i purchased the said software and company (Opposite party) accpeted to help in legal case. As per advise from company (Opposite party) i need to file quash petition once chargesheet is submitted. Now chargesheet is filed and summons are awaiting.

Can you please help and educate me on this?

1) Can i file qushing petition in this case?

2) What is procedure for same?

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 May 2015

Sir,

If opposite party is helping you then, make a settlement deed between both the parties as an understanding between the two and go for quashing.

If the offences are compoundable then opposite party can compound the offence and the matter be got over .

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2015

If the opposite party is ready to give no objection for quash petition to be filed before high court u/s 482 cr.p.c., you may contact an advocate and proceed with it.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     11 May 2015

Out of curiosity, what is that software ?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 May 2015

Dear Author,

Answer Cyber lawyer.

Both the sections are compoundable under Copyright Act .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register