Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (NA)     18 February 2015

What is a chargesheet

Hi,

This may seem basic question, but please help if you can. We were arrested ( 498a) and got the bail. We got a few documents via lawyer. Namely. FIR copy, statements of 7 people from their side, something called 'half sheet' (summary of fir etc) my questions are below.

1. What is a chargesheet? Is it a seperate report/paper? Do we get a copy of this?

2. What about copy of evidences that they have submitted in the court (I saw a few wedding pictures, but never got a copy of those.) . Is there something called Final Report submitted by police in court? (I remember seeing something like this, but didnt get a copy from my lawyer)

3. Is there any other way I can go and get these from court myself?

Appreciate the responses here, aimed at learning the procedures of law, on ground as it actually happens.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 February 2015

A charge sheet is distinct from the First Information Report (FIR), which is the core document that describes a crime that has been committed. It usually refers to one or more FIRs, and charges an individual or organization for (some or all of) the crimes specified in those FIR(s). Once the charge sheet has been submitted to a court of law, prosecution proceedings against the accused begin in the judicial system.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register