LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rishu   15 February 2015

Format of notice to the builder

I need to file a case against a builder in a consumer court for dereliction in agreed services from his side.  But before that I need to send a notice to him.My question is do I need to send this notice in some legal paper of It can be sent on normal white paper using registered post.

Also do I need to hire a lawyer before sending or I myself can send it to the builder.

Learning

4 Replies

San (GD)     16 February 2015

You do not need an advocate to send a notice if you can artfully draft and send the same. The notice can be on a normal A4 white sheet.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 February 2015

Sir,

It is essential to make a demand for monetary reimbursement towards redressal of grievances in the notice, and it should be sent either per Speed Post of Registered Post.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 February 2015

You can draft a legal demand notice demanding the reliefs and remedies sought for from the builder by giving him reasonable time to comply with your demands made and also should instruct him about the legal consequences if he fails to respond or comply with the requirements made in the notice.  After this you ca file the desired case before the appropriate forum. You donot have to engage a lawyer for sending the notice, you can send it by yourself too but please send it by registered post with acknowledgment card attached to it.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 February 2015

Sir,

Please note that the Consumer complaint should be filed within 2 years from the date of cause of action.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register