LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Distressgirlfreinds (minister)     25 January 2015

Rape accussed filed defamation case

My freind was pressurised by rape accussed when she registered the FIR by putting defamation case.Can the defamation case be quashed as it is malifide.

Learning

9 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 January 2015

File a quash petition at the High court .

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 January 2015

When was the FIR against rape filed? Was it immediately after the rape? Has medical evidence been recorded? These are important to quash the defamation case at least until the criminal case on the basis of FIR is concluded. Nowadays in courts the balance favors women.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2015

vague query

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 January 2015

Too little information to be given answer to.

Did the lady turn hostile or something?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.sahodar.in 

Distressgirlfreinds (minister)     27 January 2015

As soon as my freind registered the FIR ,the boy filed a defamation case ,it was a rape matter and one of the leading armed force group was investigating earlier .Armed force group ddnt do anything and later on probe by some senior officers ,victim was told to do FIR in civil jurdction.The boy in order to pressurize her filed a defamation case of 1 crore  I heard.

Girls is firm on words and police also got crucial evidence which contradicts the statement of accussed.

Just to harass the vctim he did and threaten to take back the case

Distressgirlfreinds (minister)     27 January 2015

As soon as my freind registered the FIR ,the boy filed a defamation case ,it was a rape matter and one of the leading armed force group was investigating earlier .Armed force group ddnt do anything and later on probe by some senior officers ,victim was told to do FIR in civil jurdction.The boy in order to pressurize her filed a defamation case of 1 crore  I heard.

Girls is firm on words and police also got crucial evidence which contradicts the statement of accussed.

Just to harass the vctim he did and threaten to take back the case

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 January 2015

She has to pursue the rape case properly and vigorously and then challenge the defamation case appropriately.  Let she not go for quash at this early stage, wait for the police to file the charge sheet before the court.

sree 9491505984 (Lawyer, Hyderabad)     06 July 2015

I agree with Mr Kalaiswlvan

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2015

defamation is not maintainable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register