Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (marketting manager)     09 January 2015

Can failed affair be termed as rape?

Hello,

I am having an affair with a female from past 12 years and now i moved on from that place to a different place

when we started this affair she was married female,but i was not married, and now i am married and moved to different place,she keeps calling me back and recently started threatening me that she will  file Rape on me,can she do that?

can I do anything to save me?

Thanks,

Nitin.

Learning

4 Replies

Daksh (Student)     09 January 2015

Dear Nitin, 

Two wrongs cannot make a thing right.  In your case your predicament is that without knowing the consequences you voluntarily entered into a relationship with a married woman.  Now later when the relationship has gone sour for whatever reason you cannot shy away from the truth.  Even if she was a consenting party but a wrong is a wrong and if the matter gets aggrevated than there is a strong possibility that you might be in great difficult situation. My considerate counsel to you is to get the situation mutually resolved "amicably" and as a precaution get ready for litigation as well.

Best regards

Daksh

Nitin (marketting manager)     09 January 2015

We are trying our best to solve the issue  amicably,but not sure it will work or not,

what all things can her husband do to her? can he divorce her stating that she has an illicit affair?

can her husband claim on her that she cheated on me so i need divorce?

Rgds,

Nitin.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2015

Are you worried about her husbands problem or your problem?, Your illicit relationship with her has nothing to do with her married life.  It is a problem between she and her husband. You have stated to have married another person and are living separately away from her. If she is threatening you hat she will lode rape case, ask her to proceed because it is a consensual affair/relationship, hence it will be very hard to prove her false allegations.

sankar P (supervisor)     13 January 2015

I agreed with Shri. Kalaiselvan sir...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register