Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I want polygyny. i am an atheist. hindu marriage act apply?

Page no : 2

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 July 2015

Originally posted by : Shailesh

I want to marry my sisters-in-law (wife's sisters). My wife and her sisters have no objection as they believe that instead of all of them spending time, money, effort and other resources in searching for separate good husbands and taking risks why don't they become wives of one good husband and therefore we all can live together as well, moreover when we were all living together for considerable amount of time and I treated each of them as wives and no problem arose during these years, which proves that we can live together happily as compared to marrying them to guys whom they never lived with ever before.

I am an atheist though my parents were Hindus. Will Hindu Marriage Act still apply for me as I am an atheist? I have 4 sisters-in-law as my wife has 4 sisters and no brothers. What is the limit of number of wives that a husband can have?

If there is no such provision for us, then I think that it would be better to migrate to some Middle-east nations were polygyny is permitted. 

Indian Constitution is a secular Constitution(it also means atheist has equal rights and protection in every respect including the laws and policies of the State). This can be ascertained by reading the Preamble, Articles 60, 69, 75(4), 84(a), 99, 124(6), 148(2), 159, 164(3), 173(a), 188, 219, Forms of Oaths or Affirmations in THIRD SCHEDULE. All those who do not believe in God(atheists), instead of taking Oath by "swear in the name of God", have the option of making affirmation by "solemnly affirm" in above mentioned Articles. This also means every person has similar rights under the laws enacted by legislature. To be an atheist is a fundamental right of freedom and liberty under Part III especially Articles 21 and 25.

Your query is related to your fundamental right of polygamy under the Constitution. Part III of the Constitution has already aknowledged polygamy for persons believing in Islamic faith under Muslim personal laws. There is equality before law under Part III. It also means polygamy is embedded in the marriage laws of all respective religions(as well as for atheists) provided the other spouse/ spouses have no objection. Supreme Court has already held on the lines that live in/ consensual s*x by adults is not an offense.

Keeping the above facts in mind approach an experienced advocate who would file a writ in High Court or Supreme Court. All the six of you can make an affidavit that you want to marry and live together and have no objection whatsoever to this polygamous relationship, and the Hon'ble Court give clarity and direction to the State so that all your wives can get legal legitimacy under all the laws and policies of the State. If there is no such enactment for athiests let the State be directed to enact such an enactment.

Shailesh (Businessman)     14 July 2015

Originally posted by : stanley
My dear friend its high time for you to go in for a s*x change operation and become a female and get married to a saudi national in order to gain their citizen ship . Only Arabs can have that nationatilty . Can you show me if any indian has gained their citizen ship after 1980 .The source you have quoted .

As I said before, do not compare me, my wife and my sisters-in-laws with others as we are different from them. HOW DARE YOU TEACH ME THAT WHAT OPERATION SHOULD I UNDERTAKE? 

You are nobody to teach us that what should we do and what we should not do and we do not take advises from irrational people who cannot even advise themselves for their betterment. 

Each member in your family has breasts on their chests, stomachs, upper and lower portion of their backside. Therefore each one of you have not 2, not 4, not 6 but 8 breasts, all around their body and discuss them with each other. None of you in your family has penis. 

Since you asked for examples, here is the link which shows that people can apply for Saudi citizenship https://www.themuslimtimes.org/2013/05/countries/saudi-arabia/expatriates-can-apply-for-saudi-citizenship-in-two-to-three-months .

Why should I give you an example of an Indian getting Saudi citizenship when I never claimed that any Indian can get Saudi citizenship? I rather claimed that I should convert to Islam from being atheist and then apply for citizenship in Middle east. I also stated Yemen other than Saudi Arabia which an idiot like you missed out. 

To conclude, I never asked and invited for irrational advises so it is better that you get lost from my post or else I will kick you on your breasts and get you thrown out. Imagine a transgender like you getting kicked on your breasts and you running away with 8 breasts around your body. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... LMAO..... ROFL..... LOL

stanley (Freedom)     15 July 2015

@ Shailesh 

OMG you seem to be on fire ??. Relax go for a swim have a beer and cool down . You asked i replied . Now choice is yours .devil

My dear friend even if you convert and get circumcised which is very painfull at your age you will never get citizen ship in the middle east . 

Now stop using capital letters and stop behaving like a psycho using irrelevant  phrases which make no sense or else you may end up in a mental hospital . Never even dream of raising your leg else you would be left with no leg and for the rest of your life you would be limping with only one  leg . And your so called wifes would leave you for ever broken heart

The solution also lies in india .

If you convert in india in the religion you have specified you can have 4 wives which i feel comes well within your limit .

Shailesh (Businessman)     16 July 2015

@ Shailesh 

OMG you seem to be on fire ??. Relax go for a swim have a beer and cool down . You asked i replied . Now choice is yours .

My dear friend even if you convert and get circumcised which is very painfull at your age you will never get citizen ship in the middle east . 

Now stop using capital letters and stop behaving like a psycho using irrelevant  phrases which make no sense or else you may end up in a mental hospital . 

I agree that I will end up in a mental hospital treating members of your family who are mad. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... ROFL....LMAO....LOL. :D

IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU ARE SO STUPID THAT YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE SENSE IN THOSE STATEMENTS. 

You will soon end up as a corpse in a morgue if you are so overconfident like a ninth grade high school kid that you are the only person who is smarter than others.

"Never even dream of raising your leg else you would be left with no leg and for the rest of your life you would be limping with only one  leg . And your so called wifes would leave you for ever "

I dreamed right now that I raised my leg, I even raised it in reality. I am still with two legs.

Are you trying to say that you will chop of one of my legs? HOW DARE YOU THREATEN ME THAT I'LL BE LEFT WITH ONE LEG?

BTW. It seems that you consume cocaine or drink alcohol while replying to my post. Look at your post and especially this phrase before teaching me about my phrase. 

you would be left with no leg and for the rest of your life you would be limping with only one  leg

CAN YOU DECIDE WHETHER I WOULD HAVE NO LEG OR ONE LEG FOR LIMPING AS YOU ARE SAYING PARADOXICALLY THAT I WOULD HAVE NO LEG AT ONE PART OF THE SENTENCE AND IN ANOTHER THAT I'LL BE HAVING ONE LEG ALSO FOR LIMPING. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ ROFL....... LOL... :Dlaugh

I've raised my leg and I threaten and warn you that if you do anything to my leg then I will chop off both your hands and legs and then after that you will be crawling like an insect for the rest of your life. If you still do anything to my leg, then you will end up as a corpse in a morgue. 

stanley (Freedom)     16 July 2015

ROTFL 

Its only the middle leg that you would have Physco . Now goodbye forever Physco surprise.

Shailesh (Businessman)     18 July 2015

ROTFL 

Its only the middle leg that you would have Physco . Now goodbye forever Physco .

Atleast I would have it, you do not have any legs. Again another spelling error of 'Psycho'. HAHAHAHAHAHA.... ROFL...LOL.....

You are a eunuch and that is why you are running forever as you will be a foolish and coward forever. HAHAHAHAHAHA.......... LMAO.............LOL

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     05 July 2017

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register