LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditya (.)     03 November 2014

Help me

Sir I am from chhattisgarh some 2 yrs back our grandfather property was divided among four of us brothers (we all 4 brothers are cousin brothers)without any legal formalities just orally,I am a serviceman so I usually stay out of the village,so now today when I went to register my part of that land on my name I found that it already got registered in name of my rest of the 3 cousin brothers(they cheated me).so sir please tell me what to do what are my legal writes...please tell me in detail

Learning

4 Replies

BHANU RASPUTRA (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com)     04 November 2014

APPOINT CRIMINAL ADVOCATE for breach of trust and get cancelled sale documents and inform to land record authority

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

You have to file a suit for declaration of your title and cancel the said registered deed. Consult a local lawyer and go ahead.

naresh A Mr. (Others)     07 November 2014

As far as I know, if your grandfather has not left a Will and has not disposed off his property before his death, then after his death, all his children along with his grandchildren have rights on that property. So since there is no Will as I understand, You who is one of his grandchildren has rights on that property. So they cannot register the property in their names without you releasing your rights on that property to them. So you can follow what  Mr. Kalaiselvan has directed. I am no legal expert....but have had some similar scenarios within relatives...so speaking based on that knowledge. But I may be incorrect....experts please correct me if I am wrong. 

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     07 November 2014

To avoid multiplicity of litigation, immediately file a suit for declaration  & possession and obtain stay order unless they may sell the property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register