LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TANOJ KUMAR PATRO (TECH STAFF)     17 October 2014

Military pension

I served in INDIAN NAVY from 1999 to 2009 and got retired from navy with service of 10 years and 1 day.

I was recruited for the specific period of ENGAGEMENT OF service and on completion of Engagement of service got retired.

Ihave been give SERVICE GRATUITY, EX-SERVICEMEN STATUS, CANTEEN FACILITY ,Leave encashment and RETIREMENT GRATUITY,as Retirement benefit. But,NO PENSION was given,stating that MILITARY PENSION is applicable ONLY with 15 years of service. ALSO ECHS FACILITY also not given.

I came across information that CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE TO GET some form of PENSION if 10 Years of service and more, post 6th pay commission.

if such relevancy is applicable to my case, please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

Navin Arya (Administrative Head)     17 October 2014

Pensionary Benefits of Civilian Employees Retiral benefits available

5.1.7 Different retirement benefits available to civilian employees are discussed in the succeeding paragraphs. Gratuity 5.1.8 Three different kind of gratuity is payable in Government:- (i) Service gratuity is payable to a permanent employee retiring before completion of 10 years of qualifying service. It is payable at the rate of half month’s emoluments for every six months of qualifying service.

This gratuity is payable in addition to retirement gratuity (ii) Retirement gratuity is payable to employees retiring after minimum 5 years of qualifying service. It is payable at the rate of 1/4th of emoluments for each six monthly period subject to a maximum of 16.5 times the emoluments (including DA) or Rs.3.5 lakh, whichever is less. (iii) Death gratuity is payable in case of death in service. It is paid at the rate of twice the emoluments for service less than one year. In case of service between 1-5 years, it is payable at six times the emoluments. For service between 5 to 20 years, it is payable at twelve times the emoluments.

In case the service exceeds 20 years, death gratuity is payable at the rate of half the emoluments for every six months period subject to a maximum of 33 times the emoluments (including Dearness Allowance) or Rs.3.5 lakh, whichever is less.

Also go through the Report of the Sixth Central Pay Commision: https://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/6cpcreport.pdf

Navin Arya (Administrative Head)     17 October 2014

My humble request to the Hon'ble Expert members to please provide proper advice. Thank you.

venugopal (CMO)     02 November 2014

PENSION FOR  CIVILIANS - 10 years
On superannuation or on invalidation only.

No such facility for Ex servicemen.

Disabilty pension  for exservicemen.

Combined military service  and civil service  if it is 10 years  on superannuation / invalidation

eligible for pension. Auth Rule 19 CCS PENSION RULES.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register