Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Later (NA)     12 October 2014

Seeking justice, 498a, dv, divorce, return of ornaments.

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Please advice me for the same.

Its been almost 2 years since me and my husband have got separated. The reason was he having an extra marital affair with his colleague. I suffered a lot during my marriage as my husband was abusive and tortured me every time. He and his family also forced me to get money from my house every now and then. My husband is a doctor and is earning pretty well. His entire family knew about his affair but did not support me. When I asked him about his affair he asked me to leave house. During the time of my marriage my parents gave ornaments and cash to him(which is a very hefty amount) which he has with him and is not ready to give it back to me. Almost 1.5 years back, I filed for Return of Ornaments, Maintenance, DV, 498A and divorce. But no result has happened till now. 498 A case was kept pending due to a form from church, which I resolved with due difficulty by begging police. But when i recently enquired, even summons have not gone to them. I am not even getting any maintenance from him. Instead, he hardly appears for the cases. I am staying in North and I have to go to South every time for this case. My parents are old and i really don’t know what to do. Whenever I ask lawyer, he says we need to go to hearings even if they don’t come. But till how much time will we wait for justice to happen? He is still going around with that female with no shame.

Kindly help me and suggest me what should be done? I feel so traumatized and my entire family is always in tension because of this. I just want divorce quickly and my ornaments and cash back.

Waiting for your advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     12 October 2014

Dear,

Push your lawyer to do something, write an application to the concerned court mentioning the state of affairs and you can also seek directions from the High Court mentioning that the case should be decided at the earliest.

Adv Kapil Chandna

1 Like

Dear Adv. Kapil,

Thank you for your response!

Yes, after having request my lawyer to get an appeal from high court for speedy decision, he did write it to High court. He said the appeal has been approved. High court said as soon as possible the case would be resolved. Please tell me what is the meaning of as soon as possible? My lawyer also said, 2010,2009 cases are pending so 2013 case is very difficult to be resolved soon..How much time will it take?

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     12 October 2014

Dear,

High Court never says as soon as possible, there must be some date mentioned or your lawyers may be making fool of you.

Adv Kapil Chandna

I feel the same Sir that my lawyer is making a fool of me. Please advice me if i could transfer all the cases to my Residing place. It is not the same state where I have filed these cases. If yes, how much time would it take. Will it help me to get speedy judgement??

Please help me! 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     13 October 2014

if the appeal is approved means ordered by the high court take the appeal case number and check with the concerned high court website wheather the case is ordered or what is the status in the high court 

and also you can read the order if the order is given in that particular appeal here you can see what step your lawyer is at 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register