LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashish kerala (business)     09 October 2014

Vehicle loan pending police threatning me please help

My father took one vehicle loan from hdfc bank on 2010 and the loan tenure is 36 months instalments

and My Father died on dec 2012 with without paying 3 emis. He paid 33 emis completely

after that bank manger is asking huge amounts for cheque bouncing charges

yesterday i recieved one phone call from my concerned police station regarding this matter

the police officer asked me to settle the full loan amount in one week

otherwise he will took our vehicle and hand it over to the bank manager without courts permission

what shouid i do?

did police have the power to take my vehicle with out courts permission?

i think bank manager influenced the police officer..

please help me

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     09 October 2014

1. The police cannot interfere in civil matters.  Do not hesitate to complain to the Dy. S.P. of such police station.  The police cannot seize the vehicle.

2.  The last three unpaid  E.M.I. can be paid by you together and then get the mortgage endorsement made in the R.C. book  cancelled by the R.T.O.  by producing the N.O.C. from the bank.  later on production of death certificate your father you can have such vehicle transferred on your name.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

The police cannot interfere in such matters, if the police continues to torture, you may move the higher police official with a complaint against the threats you received.  The bankers should not resort to such cheap tactics, if you believe the bank manager t indulge in such illegal acts, you may approach the head office of the bank with a complaint against the behavioral attitude of the bank manager seeking remedy.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2014

Please confirm immediately if it is Govt Bank.

Under what head the manager is demanding huge amount.

How huge the amount is.

Is this demand just for the interest or is ti for the underhand money.

In any case if you receive any further phone from the policeman do make a complaint to state vigilance bureau and the SP requesting for disciplinary action against him for crossing jurisdiction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register