Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veer Bhadra Rao (Tendering Manager)     04 October 2014

Registration of sale deed for property in india

Hi!

I am residing in Saudi Arabia. I own a flat in Mumbai which I have sold a few days back. Is it compulsory to come to India for registration of the sale deed? I have some residency permit issues due to which I cannot travel immediately. Due to long holidays, the issue may not get resolved very soon. Is it possible to sign the document and get it attested in the Indian Embassy and then sent to India for registration?

Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     04 October 2014

The Indian Embassy in KSA may be able to advise you better. Normally physical presence of both buyers and sellors is required.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     11 October 2014

you may give a specific power of attorney executed before consulate to the purchaser or your relations here who could register it on your behalf. Take care there is only 4 months time for registration else heavy penalty during next 4 months and then no registration allowed. The buyer will be in a soup.

Thangavel Manickadevar (Excutive Director and Legal Advisor)     13 October 2014

You may give power of attorney to any one of your relatives or friend who is living in India. You must get seal and sign from embassy and forward to india and then registered here. using this PO, your power agent can sell property. no need to come India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register