Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

firoz ali (XX)     17 September 2014

Legal procedure to convert from hindu to muslim

Hello All

I am a muslim guy and in relationship with a girl who was hindu. we both intend to marry soon and with her own will she accepted islam. No pressure or force was done from any side and by her own will she reverted to islam. She studied islam for many months and she willfully accepted islam when i was abroad. My question is how i can get it done legally as per indian law. She is from a very conservative hindu family. We are very soon going to do nikah and theres still couple of months left since i am going to return to india in Nov'14.

Can anyone suggest the the correct procedure, will the affidavit be of any use during our marriage or if the girl side happens to put false charges against me or my family as everything is happening at the will of the girl.

Any good lawyer who can help will be much appreciated

regards

Firoz

Learning

11 Replies

Atlas Eva (CEO)     19 September 2014

The First Step is that She needs to go to the near Masjid in her Area and Take Shahada (Read Kalma) in presense of the Maulana and atleast two witness, on HER OWN FREE WILL.

Then the Maulana shall give her a Certificate of Conversion to Islam on the Masjids Letter head , stating the date and her name and address and details of witness.

Further the next step is to Make an Affidavit stating that she has converted to Islam on her own free will on so and so date and she may also adopt a new muslim name.

Further she needs to file "Change of Religion" in Government GAZATTEE. which gets published in 15 days, also she may file Change of name application in Government Gazattee. 

And the Process is now completed

Pls see the form attached

GAZZETE OFFICE IN MUMBAI:
Address : Gazette Office
Ground Floor,
Government Book Depot & Publication House,
Near Charni Road Station,
Netaji Subash Chandra Road,
Charni Road, Mumbai – 400004
23630695, 23634049, 23632693

Change of Religion is basically by persons own choice and free will, and its a matter of ones heart and feeling towards God, however the above process is required to document the same.

Thanks and Regards

Attached File : 345657506 forms[18].pdf downloaded: 2157 times

firoz ali (XX)     19 September 2014

thank you so much for the information and the attachment. Just out of curiosity..does this procedure holds any legal value. As I intend to marry that woman and since she is from a very influential family i expect to see a lot of struggle ahead from my future inlaws. these days in india theres a love jihad concept started and administrations are taking it very seriously when it comes to inter religious marriage especially when one party is a muslim.

Will this document be of any help to us in the near future

regards

Firoz

Nikhila chandra   09 October 2017

Hii now am also facing this same situation.. Iam a hindu i want to cange my caste into muslim so what should i do

firoz ali (XX)     09 October 2017

Hi Nikhila

Please follow the same steps mentioned above but i have copy pasted it below. This is what i can advice. Hope this helps

"The First Step is that She needs to go to the near Masjid in her Area and Take Shahada (Read Kalma) in presense of the Maulana and atleast two witness, on HER OWN FREE WILL. Then the Maulana shall give her a Certificate of Conversion to Islam on the Masjids Letter head , stating the date and her name and address and details of witness. Further the next step is to Make an Affidavit stating that she has converted to Islam on her own free will on so and so date and she may also adopt a new muslim name. Further she needs to file "Change of Religion" in Government GAZATTEE. which gets published in 15 days, also she may file Change of name application in Government Gazattee.  And the Process is now completed Pls see the form attached   GAZZETE OFFICE IN MUMBAI: Address : Gazette Office Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House, Near Charni Road Station, Netaji Subash Chandra Road, Charni Road, Mumbai – 400004 23630695, 23634049, 23632693   Change of Religion is basically by persons own choice and free will, and its a matter of ones heart and feeling towards God, however the above process is required to document the same. Thanks and Regards"

Harsh Kumar   18 March 2018

Hiii i am also facing this same situation i am hindu but i want Change my cast into muslim so what i to do

Harsh Kumar   18 March 2018

Hiii i am also facing this same situation i am hindu but i want Change my cast into muslim so what i to do

Tejas Mali   24 April 2018

Hi, I am leaving at ahmedabad from my born and I want to change my religion from hindu to muslim in the mumbai but my all basic documents are belongs to Gujarat ahmedabad. So, please suggest me all documents are required to convert from Hindu to muslim in mumbai.

Mano   15 December 2018

Hi IAM also facing this same situation I am Hindu but I want change my religion into Muslim so what I to do!

Vihaan   28 December 2018

I am Hindu.. and I want to convert to Islam.. But I do not want to tell my parents regarding this for now.. during following the procedure, is there any involvement and approvals required from parents ? please guide

Vihaan   28 December 2018

I am Hindu.. and I want to convert to Islam.. But I do not want to tell my parents regarding this for now.. during following the procedure, is there any involvement and approvals required from parents ? please guide

Sana Shaikh   08 February 2019

What is the procedure for Hindu men if he wants to convert into Muslim kindly let me know soon

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register