Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajith Chand Kanagala (Owner)     05 September 2014

Our college management has cheated us.. plz help us!!!

I am a student studying BBA 3rd Year in K L University Business School, AP. When joining in the college our management has said that we can do ordinary BBA for 3rd and if we want we can continue with MBA and if we continue mba we will get integrated course certificate. They have said that we will be having 6 months internship in 3rd year 2nd sem. But now when we have asked for internship they are saying we cant give you internship. We will give u BBA certificate after 3rd year but as per as our curriculam we cannot give u internship now. but while joining they have said they will give internship. I guess i have a right to go to court of law under sec 420 of IPC, sec 17 and 19 of Indian contract act. I need your suggestions. Can I approach Counsumer court? the problem is not only for me but for a group of 55 people studying along with me. Please help me. I will be very thankful for u.

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     05 September 2014

1) How old is this institute and what are its affiliations  (AICTE etc.. ) ?

2) whatever you are claiming the institute said you have in writing from them - maybe in the admissions brochures or any ads in any media - or were these just verbal assurances ? Is the denial now in writing or verbal ?

3) Colleges and Universities are in the ambit of Consumer Protection A ct - see Bhupesh Khurana and Others, for example. But you need to have clear evidences to build a case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 September 2014

You have posted that:

"We will give u BBA certificate after 3rd year but as per as our curriculam we cannot give u internship now. "

Is the curriculum in writing?

Did you record the calls/meetings (audio/visual)?

Record and generate evidence.

All affected students may unite hands and stand as a witness to each other.

Before creating noise discreetly consult an able lawyer and proceed under his expert advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register