LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

daud ali (student)     29 August 2014

Conversion

sir, I want to convert my religion muslim to hindu leagly. What is the procedure?

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2014

Law - you have a right to covert

Procedure - agreed with Mr S Gangadhar Gowda

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     03 September 2014

You need to contact the religious leader in Hindu Religion and mention officially in gazette as well.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 September 2014

Yes, you may either contact Arya Samaj or some religious leaders of Hindu religion, express your desire, observe the formalities and go ahead with your desire and proposal accordingly.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     05 September 2014

Article 25 of the Constitution of India grants to the citizens of all religious persuasions, freedom to profess, practise and propagate their faith in a way that does not disrupt public order and does not affect public health and morality adversely.

However, please note that certain states in India have enacted anti-conversion laws which lay down the procedure be to followed for conversion from one religion to another. As per my knowledge, such laws exist at least in the states of Orissa, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh. I am not aware about other states. So, please consult the relevant anti-conversion law, if any, in your state.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2014

well elaborated. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register