Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeram (analyst)     17 August 2014

Iprs, copyrights, design, project ownership..!

Dear Seniors,

Very good evening to all of you...!

By the way of introduction I m working as Event Manager (Self since 3months)...Prior to that was working with a Event Management Wedding Decoration Base company...So I m into some deep trouble and I need Expert Suggestions as well appropriate outcome of the same....

1. Worked as General Manager with XYZ company for a period of TWO YEARS specialization in Wedding decor & Planning.

2. My Director dont have any knowledge about the Industry of Event Management..So i was whole and Sole turn key person to get business and execute.

3. Every time a client comes and approaches i have converted the same with my skills and my self made designs for Weddings which most of the clients appreciate and thats how they spread word of mouth to there friends and family.

4. I have given my heart and sole to this company and worked day n night to covert many brides dreams to reality....but always had problem with family member of directors creating problem for me to execute my work smoothly....infact I HAVE NO WRITTEN APPOINTMENT LETTER NOR RELEAVING LETTER ...SALARY ALSO IN CASH...

5. Now the BIG QUESTION - I left and started my own company in the same lines and have spent almost 3lakhs for website designing Logo and Branding ...Apart from that I have mentioned all the profile and project details of which I have worked personally with CLIENTS PERMISSION that to in writing...

6. Now my previous company has sent me legal notice stating that I cant use the same ...how fair is that ...and at any cost I dont want to loose or let go my hard work and I dont understand how some one can stop telling other for what I have done...WHAT I HAVE DONE...????...that to with the clients permission ...

7. My previous company they say i have remove eaach and every thing which i have mentioned in the Site...OOMG ..how is that possible i have no option with out that nothing can be done...i cant operate my business ..bcoz my strong point is ONLINE selling 

PLZ PLZ PLZ suggest what steps i can take ...to safe guard ..coz there are 25members are working in my office which i have recruited in one month and they will not have any work if i dont get business ...and apart from ONLINE there is no other source for this business pattern ...

Awaiting your valuable responses ...or is it like they just want to threat me ...??? Im sleepless the amount i have invested on this

Sreeram

artofliving26@gmail.com 

Learning

7 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     22 August 2014

Dear Sreeram,

You do not seem to be any legal trouble as you did not have any written agreement of non compete with your previous employer. Further, as far as copyright issues regarding logo or content of your website is concerned, one can only advise after looking at them.

For any further clarification, feel free to revert

Sreeram (analyst)     24 August 2014

Hi Sir

Keeping that in mind I already started and launched my own website with the weddings which I have done in the past still ..I got a Notice from my previous company asking to remove the pictures and project details ...this is getting more complicated not able to understand what to do ..???but for sure I dont want to be a failure i want to fight but with logics and justifications ...

Kindly do let me know the pipe line how this whole system or process works...???

Awaiting responses

Sreeram (analyst)     29 August 2014

IS there any one who can give more clarity of the same ...???

Or shall I give more inputs ..???

chitranjanbose   10 June 2015

Hello Sreeram,

I want to discuss some very important points with you in this matter. Please reply.

Amol Kende (No)     28 June 2015

Hi its too late to discuss this but yes you can use that pictures but in different names or name of sample decorations dont use the couple names as its officially contracted with your previous company only

hence use that under sample decoration names

previous complay have problem with photos only and for the logo its as usual every company have different different revert to the company that uploaded photos are just the sample decorations no where names mentioned on that and the logo you prepare your self to registrar of the company make company name and logo registre with the company registrar

subramanian (consultant)     11 July 2015

register your new logo with the registrar of trademarks as a service mark.Also if yours is a sole proprietors company register it with the registrar of firms .Also innovate new designs and layouts etc and advertise in your website without depending on old layouts

T.R.Subramanian

depenning   29 September 2015

Copyrights in design projects is one of the most underestimated thing in India..But should be given more importance due to rising startups..for more info regarding copyrights law visit https://www.depenning.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register