Upgrad LLM

dv then 498a and divorce


I got married in 2009.  we stayed in India for  6 months then moved to usa. things were okay start with. Later my wife started complaining for small things and started creating issues for me. She was threatening me for sucide and shouting loudly we were rented in apt, apt walls were made up wood and sound can travel for long. I was living in threat that someone will call 911 and we will land in police station. My friends advised my wife not to do that otherwise we both will face serious issues & they will send you back to india. 

Days passed I was busy with my work schedule and around 2 and half years passed,  we came to india because of health issues. I returned back alone after month and half. My wife didn't like this and her family started creating issues. My wife called my office & friends in usa tried to break my reputation. She has told me friends false stories and they stopped contacting me. After that She has filed DV case against me and parents in 2012 asking for maintenance. Court has given intrim order and granted 10k maintenance.  Still she was sending court summons to my office and manager and was creating issues for my job.

I came back to India in 2013, wife family members were looking for me. They were asking for compromise the court case, my parents told them court will decide since case is going on. They were not happy and filed False 498a case against me and all my family members. They ve tried hard along with police to arrest us however we got anticipatery bail their efforts are failed. between I left my job because of these issues. Recorded false statements their relatives tried add in case and later charge sheet was filed.

In DV case we were paying the maintenance since last one year. they have made some money with that.They were asking for compromise with putting pressure of false 498a case, our lawyer suggested them to file divorce  in court. Now they have filed divorce case based on desertation asking huge maintenance under hindu law.  Side by side they are asking for compromise.   Since 498a case will start the hearing soon we are not approaching them.

So please suggest whether I should go for mutual consent divorce or wait for results of these cases. Since 498a is non compoundable how mutual divorce is possible?

My wife is working lady & I am unemployed still she is asking for huge maintenance. Last two years my family is going under huge stress and life is stuck and I don't know how much more time these cases will take. so please guide me.    


She has already runied your life. However now they have start hitting ur pockets u better compromise and get rid of that lady.


Collect all the proofs of her working and you can get rid of maintainenace by proving she is individual and too collect the proof of her false case on u n ur family. Be brave and fight for justice. Good luck.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x