LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498aindian (other)     24 July 2014

Pros and cons in surrender of husband in 498a to get bail

Dear all, I want to know that what are the pros and cons in surrender of husband before lower court if his Ab is dragged for a long time and the judge which is at Hc is very slow to clear the cases at fast rate.  It will take 2,3 months to come for hearing. So, in this situation to keep the mental peace and show the opponents a big middle finger against their huge extortion demand, is it better to get surrender before lower court and get regular bail. Once I will get bail their strategy to harass me will come to end. Iam ready to fight and make them understsnd , what a man can do if he comes on his front foot.But before doing this I need suggestions from all of you. Plz give your opinions whether this move is ok for a tough fight.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

My take on your case: I dont think you are a thief or a thug or a politician who has no shame. Its really a shame to surrender in court. Dont do that. Instead, get bail and till then be underground, just do not be in the address which has been mentioned in court in the 498a case. Be in the next door, thats fine, but dont get caught, and moresoever dont surrender. Surrendering before the court means lot of humiliation and your wife will laugh at you in full public view.

If you want to pursue the case then do it after you get bail.

No doubt your wife and her company are money minded, but there is no use pursuing the case. It only means losing precious years.  It really wont amount to putting your sword before her feet, but why dont you negotiate and bargain for a price for your freedom?  Like that you will be saving a lot of energy, and more importanttly time [6-7 years].

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register