LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Ganesh (Software Engineer)     19 July 2014

Change of surname and biological father name to step father

Hi I am Mohan Ganesh, 28, and going through tough situation. I would like to change my surname and father's name. My mother and father were separated and divorced when I was 3 months old[My birth day is 17-AUG-1985]. My custody was given to my mother. Later my biological father never tried to know about my whereabouts. 15 years later[I have completed 15 years by the time] my mother had re-married [It was registered] and my step-father adopted me formally. There is no deed written nor registered. All my education certificates, Passport, Pan Card, Driving Licence etc having my biological father's name and surname. But now I got married and I was blessed with a girl baby. Now I don't want to continue to use my biological father 's surname to my children. So I have published name change saying 'I have changed my name and father name due to adoption' in AP state governament official gazette. Using gazette I have changed my surname and father name to step father name in Pan Card and Aadhaar card. But I got problem when applied for re-issue of passport with change in father's name and surname. I have attached AP governament gazette while applying for re-issue of passport, but the passport officals denied Gazeette notification as proof of change of name due to adoption and asked for registered adoption deed. Even now i am worried about these changes might effect visa processing also. Because my adoption was not registered and my education and employment documents having my biological father name and surname. I have attached gazette copy. Please guide me how to proceed.

Learning

1 Replies

Madhan   24 October 2017

Hai Mohan

Could you please tell me if you were sucessfull in adding your step fathers name and removed original surname.

I am in a similar problem, would appreciate your feedback

Thanks

Madhan

Chennai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register