Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (Technical Lead)     11 June 2014

Passport show cause notice

Hi,

I have an issue with my wife's passport. She had requested for the tatkal service before marriage and had got the passport from Patna Passport office within the stipulated time. But when the police verification came to her place she had already got married and was at my place. It all happened in Dec 2013.

In May 2014, her parents received a show cause letter from the passport office stating that the police verification was incomplete and that they would apply some sections 10(3)(b) of the Passports Act 1967 andSection 12(1)(b) of the Passports Act 1967 against her. Her parents did not understand the letter so they kept it with them. Today I came to know about that.

In a weeks time I am travelling abroad for my work and she would as well travel along with me.

I am not sure what to do at this juncture of time. Please can you suggest what needs to be done?

Does she has to go back stay there and then get the police verification done?

Does she needs to submit the passport in the passport office till this issue is resolved?

Or can she legally travel with me abroad and send a letter to the passport office stating the reason for her absence then as she was in her In-Laws place?

Please help me out as soon as possible. Thanks

Regards,
Krishna Kant

Learning

1 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     13 June 2014

Without passport how an she travel you may now even have to change the name of your wife in passport better attach your marriage certificate then apply for passport again or meet the loal police official in your wifes place and resolve it so that they can forward the same to the passport office but travelling of your wife within week seems doughtfull

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register