LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi (NA)     01 June 2014

Ancestor property division.

We are in joint family since from my great grand father, he has 3 sons, Elder grand father -1 has 4 sons and 3 daughters ( 3 daughters are before 1974) Middle grand father-2 has 4 sons and 3 daughters ( 3 daughters are before 1974) Younger grand father-3 has 3 sons and 2 daughters. ( 2 daughters are before 1974) Division of property has done verbally among elders (its not reflected in documents ) , curret generation are looking for solution for partition of ancestral property. Please guide with amicable solution.

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 June 2014

If the property is an agriculture land , then the property of great grandfather will equally distributed i.e 1/3 share each of the whole property among his three sons , now the property of the elder grandfather will be equally distributed among his 4 sons I.e. 1/4 share each from the whole property of elder grandfather, The property of the middle grandfather is distributed equally among his 4 sons, the property of the younger grandfather is equally distributed among his three sons .

ravi (NA)     01 June 2014

thanks for the reply Joshi. 

how about the daughters will they get share in the agriland ?

what is the procedure to file application in the court , how long it would take settle division. 

thanks,

Ravi 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register