LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sutharsan (Founder)     16 May 2014

Tamilnadu q-branch police annoying me

This is how that police SI introduced himself to me "I am XXXXX, Q-Branch , CBI :P Tamilnadu Police"

I am Sri Lankan refugee (22/M) living alone since 2012. Helpless, 

My profession : IT, Taking individual projects and earning.

Offenses by me : 

1. Took Driving License from RTO office by submitting forged voter ID and School certificate.

2. I got PAN card for my parents who living in Sri lanka by signing their signature.

3. Un-usual bank transactions : I receive money from clients and spend most of them for their projects. I paid income tax from 2012 , 2013.

This is how they annoy me :

1. They don't have any notices to inquire me.

2. They take me to bank and took my whole bank statement. ICICI and Bank of India. They threaten me to get Bank Statement without telling for police case.

3. They inquiring about each transactions. For example, I recharged my mobile 330 INR . They asked why u spent 330 INR? I told recharge, They ask Which number? why sudden big recharge and etc.

I wonder why Q-Branch police annoying me unless I'm not affiliate with other crimes. I clearly know one of my relative is behind this scene.

Since march 27 to till now, They asked me to visit IG Office, Chennai and give them wriiten statement. I did this 4 times. They ask me to do again and again. When i said no, threatning me.

Please help me,

1. Does Police department has rights to check induvial's Bank Statement without any notices?

2. How can I solve this? Can i visit the court directly and surrender all documents and give statement or what?

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2014

They are doing lawful duty in lawful manner. 

They can arrest you and seek your remand.  But you have to annoy them to the extent that they are left with no choice.

They could have taken bank statement even without you knowledge by written request to bank which could have jeparadized your reputation.

Since now you have committed multiple crimes in India then your refugee status is liale to tbe cancelled.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2014

Rightly observed and opined by expert Mr. Sudhir Kumar.  You have done multiple crimes in India being a refugee, the law of the land cannot ignore any such antisocial activities by closing its eyes.  You should be lucky that the police have still not impounded your passport if you any, not initiated any steps till date to disable your professional activities, not remanded you for all your alleged fraudulent activities.  It is advised to cooperate with the police for inquiry as and when they call you which will be a better idea to be followed for the present.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 May 2014

Agreed with the above view of learned counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register