LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Talent Growth   18 December 2018

customer defaming company and not giving payment of legally binding NDA fee

I've a customer who agreed to pay me my fee of 1 lac to get him a business in USA signed up and for that I did all the legal formalities like giving a non disclosure agreement and made the US client available in India for meeting.

But the customer requested time to pay amount on account of leverage to do scrutiny of legal docs and clients credentials in USA to do justice on his investment he was to do and passed only 25k by imps.

Further on getting the legal formalities verification process done I requested the customer to settle my committed fee and they changed their words about not paying unless getting process contract.

They passed my client person a contact person who was known to them in USA for doing my clients company scrutiny done and my clients did fix an appointment with them to meet but the person whom they are known to started backbiting my client about my fraudulent methods of taking money and doing this business where my customer pays only 25k against legal agreement for 1 lac.

The customer tried to create unrest to me and put me in WhatsApp that : you and your client person both are proved to do fake business and taking money from us to cheat in name of giving process and your client person is not meeting my person to get his credentials verified so we are going ahead and filing a legal police complaint of the scam business you are running and so is your client person trying to do with us.

So my question is in what ways as per civil law I can claim my fees for the client interaction which is already done by my customer and the bad mouthing he's trying to do through his representative in USA to get it passed to my client which is equal to spoiling my reputation on business with my client company.

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   18 December 2018

If u have any written agriment with u issue a legal notice to him to pay Ur remaining fees with interest &legal charges. If he refuses u file civil suit for recovery of fee in competent court of jurisdiction by local advocate.
1 Like

Talent Growth   19 December 2018

Hello Shashi Sir, in response to your reply I have been in contact with my lawyer and we are going ahead with your suggestions for legal notice for claiming my fee and second charge for defamation my company name and my name which will block my business in coming days. But despite this step my client did visit his representative John in USA but my customer is trying to play around and did not allowed John to meet my client. This way he tried to play around by saying my client is not meeting his person and when my client went to meet his representative John ... suddenly John doesn't turn up and also doesn't respond to my clients calls. Looking at this please suggest if as per threat given by my customer will he be able to succeed in filing FIR for fraud on me ?. if at all he does this before legal notice reached him or after legal notice reached him then what ways I can safeguard myself from this Fir which he's attempting to do by not purposely meeting my client company to take the process??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register