LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umesh Singh (MAnager )     25 June 2010

Need the expert advice

I had married a women 3 years back without my will. Her father is in govt job and is financially sound but I am not. I had shown unwillingness to this relation but due to paents force and all it finally ended up with marriage. Her father to save the daughter interest too given 5L as DD to our family.

We are apart and never had been living as husband -wife. She been rude to my parents and infact had torchered my mother which is 70 yrs old. She infact had torchured my mother physically too. My father is paralysed and is of 75 yrs of age.

She always try to be nice to me and just during this whole episod she agreed to file a mutual divorce which we filed . she also ws present once for hearing but the judge didn't turned up. Her entry and all is there. but when she realized tht doing this too i am not attracted towards her her parents came in picture. I somehow manged to balance the situation and personally went to her parents place to leave her there . She is ther now for 5 months. Meanwhile her parents also had filed the case in her hometown against me and my mother and sister 498. They have the same DD copy and had been demanding interest and expences of marriage.

Although the mutual case which we filed , i had mentioned i'l give the same DD back. Meanwhile there were 2-3 hearing where she didn't turned up.

Here parents had involved some of my realtives by paying them some amount to say against me, Yesterday only all the hearings are done. Summon has been given against me.

I need you advice to come ut of this ....will the new amendment helpful to me. Also want to know if i am ready to pay the amount paid in white than are they eligible to ask me for the interest and expences ....i am not financially sound like them and will be arranging the same by bank...and so is the concern....

Can't we file a case against her father??

Learning

2 Replies

AA RAMAKRISHNAN (SR. ADVOCATE)     25 June 2010

Dear Member:

Simply deny the amount received as dowry.  Say it as a hand loan since it has come to you in the form of a DD. They are converting the case of a loan into dowry. At the most they are entitled to receive interest.

Other things are normal.  The divorce petition on mutual consent can be through only she consents in the court.

Thanks.

AAR. Krishnan

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 June 2010

sad. fallow mr aar  krishnan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register