LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (Legal Officer)     12 June 2010

BCI EXAM

I like to put some straight questions 1) Wheather the old lawyers were better at the time of passing LLB Exam than the new entrants ? 2) Is it not so that present LLB course are more loaded by new emerging topics than the earlier ones ? 3) Who can give guarrentee the such bar exam will not open a path of corruption and money making business by coaching centres ,selling books etc,etc, as is happening in MCI & other bodies ? 4 ) Is holding of bar exam is the only criteria of selecting good lawyer when no steps seems to be taken by competent authorities to improve legal standard ? 5 ) If Govt and BCI is so interested in improving legal standard of country, then why a single all India qualifying Exam of LLB in final year itself is not taken ( to be conducted by BCI in all its affilioted colleges) ? 6 ) Who will bear the agony of all the jobless new entrants without any fault of their own ? 7 ) why there is first one entrance exam to join LLB ,then rigourous tests and LLB qualifying exam ( second?)and third bar exam to join practice while such types are not available in any other educational system ? 9) What is the ulterior motive of such arbitrary and whimsical decisions ?

Learning

46 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 June 2010

Its quite sorry state of affairs that, too much anger is being shown towards the qualifying exam.  This decision has been taken merely to make students more concerned about the legal studies....the idea is to determine their analytical ability.

we all should take it in a positive sense, such a kind of exam will surely introduce sincerity among the students.

this exam has nothing to do with corruption or arbitrariness.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 June 2010

Kiran ji, if it is not arbitrary, then why cannot the studetns of other professions also have this type of entrance exams before geting into profession? Let the medical students or C.A students have this in order to improve the quality people in the field. BCI is grossly neglecting the aspects which have to be considered like revising the syllabus or revising the teaching methods and stopping the mushrooming of colleges which do not adhere to the regulations of BCI.

The opinions are not for reluctance to take the exams, but being a student of law, we have to what is the justification for introduction of this exam. Specially the student community is aware of the quality of lawyers already in the field.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 June 2010

Suchitra, in fact I was thinking of posting National medical entrance exam, and you have rightly pointed out that query and even including C.A. In other countries medical entrance exam also include National nursing entrance exam and now after Bar exam it is time for the Medical Council of India to give a serious thought in the line of Bar exam, this will be something like standarization of professional education and even unification through education with common standard. 

1 Like

Raja, I appreciate your views on old and the new but the question is not the old and the new, the issue is time changes and we should change with the change of time. We can not just sit with the past in the new era of our changing time. Yes, we remember the past but we love the future and we should forged ahead with the changing times. In the past what facilities did they had? TV? Computer? Internet? Chat room? world wide web etc ,etc? In the past money order send from home took a month and what is the situation today? just a few second isnt? Time for change.

Assumi Sir, let me know why some courses are called professional courses? Do you think it is a joke to do a professional course and even after completing they need to be tested as to whether they are fit to be professionals? Is it not required to test them before they get enrolled into such professional course, if that was your criteria ? 

1 Like

Suchitra, I am 100% sure that you know what it means by professional course, but may be you want to test me, any way to me professional course simply imply a well defined chalked out career programme in terms of Industry to be pursued like medicines, mass media, fashion designing, engineering and Law etc. There are may be many reasons, but to me the test is required because of the fact that there are hundreds of Law Colleges spread across the country imparting LL.B; course and this test is the only way to test the real quality of imparting legal education in those colleges in the form of bar review.

Sir, then is it not required that as Mr.Raja has stated there should be a common entrance exam for admission? the course of action is not entrance exam after they complete the course. It is essential to ensure the quality of education imparted by colleges. Why burden is on students now?

1 Like

To me there is a difference between entrance exam and test for sitting in the bar in the form of bar review. You can well imagined the entrance exam that is before the course is taken and one that is after the course is taken and a test to sit in the bar with a qualification. If one obtains the requisite qualification why bother for the bar review? after all the BCI is not going to test the Bar Review out of blues but from the requisite qualifications obtain in the college, and that also from different Zones?

I am not convinced by your reply, Sir. Anyways, thanks for taking time to reply my doubts.

1 Like

(Guest)

Sorry my Lawyers for entering into your fraternity group but I saw here that a basic question arisen regarding uniformity in establishment for all the professions is not there and provision of test after completion of professional course in Law field.

It is something very serious that a person is giving his/her years in a course to become professional and after passing years if they are restricted under pretext of such test to check their professional ability.  If one not found fit / suitable in that case who will return their passed years ?  Why all kind of such test are not being done at initial stage so that the failures will have option to check some other suitable professional course at right time ?

Another side we should keep in view that; it is not necessary that a person doing some professional course and he/she go in that profession.  Many people do many professional courses including LLB to have knowledge.  In such kind they are not very serious to go in deep and take the course like an extra.  It should be encouraged that people are interested to have knowledge of many fields which they can use.  This option should not be broken.  The problem will arise if they sometime decide to use it as a professional and in that case they cannot give proper services to the hirer.  The profession of Lawyers effects the life of their clients.  Therefore, it is very much necessary to check their ability.  What should be method it can only be a subject for debate.

See, if a customer goes to a shopkeeper to buy one kg. sugar.  If the shopkeeper gives some less quantity or bad quality than it can be measured and the shopkeeper can also be hanged.  HOW TO MEASURE THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY AN ADVOCATE TO THEIR CUSTOMER ?  HOW CAN BE THEY HANGED FOR BAD SERVICE OR FOR UNJUSTIFIED MONEY TAKEN IN LIEU ?

Thanks for this space.

1 Like

Ram Sir, I will ask you a simple question relating to your example. How can you assure that the person gives satisfactory service after getting through entrance exam? It is up to the professional to give service for which he is paid. That cannot be measured and made foolproof.

1 Like

At the initial stage how can one measure the qualification? it will be like counting a chicken before it is hatched? as regards entrance exams there are entrance admission test like CLAT Common law admission test, but many can not afford that test but even CLAT is based on certain fundamental general subjects. But Bar exam is based on the qualification obtained by the dgree holder to sit in the bar, so what is the doubt about this bar exam, ofcourse provided the BCI issued in advance the kind of test they intend to have for the test to all the colleges well in advance.

(Guest)

Ms. Suchitra,

I have taken first your question on top you can see there.

And, whatever I say I do not claim for that as it is final.  I only represent the things which I see and I expect from all of us, the beneficiary citizens of our democratic nation, that we all should take initiative to sort out the answers of our question.

I do not claim that I have all the answers.  But YES ! I claim that nothing can remain out of reach of my eyes and whenever I got some irregularity I ever do protest till its finalization.  I ever get answers of my questions and I also stand with real and deserving seekers.  I can assure you that I will surely have conversation with BCI on your and mine questions.  WILL YOU LAW STUDENTS COME UP TO SUPPORT MY EFFORTS IN THIS REGARDS ?  I DON’T THINK ONE WILL COME UP.  SO WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU ???

OTHER THAN, YOU ALL ARE ALREADY HAVING A LAWYERS FRATERNITY GROUP THAT’S FOR YOU, NOT FOR ME AS PER WORDS OF SOME NEWLY WEDED WITH LAW FACULTY !!!

One more thing Ms. Suchitra !  I find you ever say very less but whatever you say that has some base and that’s why I respect you and many time expressed thanks and congratulation to you on this public site.  So, I am not passing time here and I ever listen you with full concentration and replies according to my ability.

THANKS AND BEST WISHES.

(Guest)

Dear Mr. Assumi, I am attaining you sir… I also regard to the say by Mr. Kiran Kumar… How to save the years of the passioned students sir ?  We should have some sort of their years passed during the course.. Don't you feel it sir ??  I am insisting for nothing but some sort which will be justified in all aspects..... 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register