Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Senior Exec.)     04 June 2010

Need ur valuable advice

Dear Members,

I am a victim who has been cheated by my wife & their family members.

I got married in September 2009, exactly after one month of marriage i.e in October 2009, my wife eloped with her boy friend. I came to know that she had eloped with her boy friend, after her boy friend called me & told about this. We registered an FIR in the Police station, subsequently we took the call details from the Police Station. It was observed that she had been calling one particular no. very frequently, based on that we tried calling that no. Finally that guy picked the call & told me that my wife was with him & they had been loving each other since college days. They had physical relationship during their college days & now when she was with him, they consumed. My in laws never turned to our house after she eloped. The fact is any married girl goes missing, their parents should rush to our house, but instead nobody turned. So by this it is known that they were aware that their daughter was loving somebody before marriage. When my wife was with her boy friend, i asked her whether she has gone forcefully with him or by her will, she said that she has gone by her will.

Our marriage is not consumatted, as she had requested me not to go forward until she makes up her mind, I agreed that i will not move forward in this. After 2 weeks their parents traced her & they brought her to our house, as if nothing has happened, we sent them back. My wife acted in front of me, that nothing has happened between her & her boy friend. Her boy friend had called me & i spoke to him in length & he told me several things that before one month prior to our marriage, they had married in a temple & during their last day of college, they had consumed each other. Subsequently, i spoke to my wife on her cell, wherein she has admitted that she has eloped with her boy friend. Her boy friend informed me that her parents knew that she was loving him before marriage & her mom knew about their physical relation ship.

My wife & her mother has given statement to the Police that she had been to the market to buy vegetables, wherein she lost the way & then she went to her uncles house which is 60 km far from her matrimonial home. The fact is vegetables are available very close to our house, which is less than 500mts.

I have recorded the entire conversation, I had with my wifes boy friend & with my wife in my mobile.

We have the FIR Copy, Call details, Mobile Conversation recorded. After i spoke to her boy fried i have given 2nd complaint to the Police station, in details, which they have acknowledged & copy is with me.

We have filed a petition in family court for divorce i.e to consider it as void marriage under Section 12 (1) (a).

The opposite lawyer is arguing that in our petiton there we have not mentioned about her impotency, & Section 12 deals with that.  Our lawyer is arguing that it is not the physical impotency, it is the mental impotency i.e. as her mind was towards her boy friend, she was not ready to leady a marital life & hence she has eloped with her boy friend.  The judge has given us time on this argument & asked us to file a proper petition.  Our lawyer has referred some books & the points raised by us is very much there in that book.

I would like to know whether should i have to pay any maintenance charges to her? How strong is my case in this? Will the mobile conversation recorded help me, the mobile conversation i had with her boy friend is in very detail, which tells that they had s*xual relationship & after she eloped with him where they were staying etc.,

We have filed for divorce before one year of marriage claiming exemption period. Will the Hon'ble Court accept my Petition.

I recently came to know that her parents are trying to put a Domestic Violence case against me, which i have brought to the notice of my lawyer.

My wifes family members came to my house recently & asked her to take back. We refused & told that whatever they want to speak to come to Court & speak. They told us that they will contest this petition.

I would request the lawyers of this forum to look into the matter explained above & answer the questions & please advise me.

Thanks.

Learning

10 Replies

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     04 June 2010

The courts go by evidence. Even if you have truth but no evidence no body can help you.

Recorded evidence is not sufficient, you should be able to submit evidence with witnesses , if you can do it your legal problems can be solved.

We get regular expereince THAT though the people get cheated and in the process get hurt and bloated ego. Ego will not help. Complaints without evidence will not help.

Get soild evidence. Defense is not enough you to create your case on ligitimate OFFENCE.

1 Like

shripal jain (propritor)     05 June 2010

sir i want ask question  regarding,

wheather cooperative bank recovery oficer has right to enter at borrower residence which is on rent i.e. he is living on rent there,and same place is not in record of bank.

now if bank sents japti notice (address on japti notice is not the address where borrower is living at present )to the borrower wheather bank can enter the place.

what action we can take against such recovery proceeding

pls give guidelines with relevant sections

Vishal (Senior Exec.)     05 June 2010

Sir,

First we have filed a petition under Section 13 (1) (i) (ia) & (ib) Hindu Marriage Act,  wherin the opposite lawyer objected that we have filed before one year of marriage & requested for dissmissal of the petition.

We had anticipated this, hence our lawyer before the hearing of this case had file a new petition under Section 12 (1), when the judge dismissed the petion under Section 13 (1) (i) (ia) & (ib) Hindu Marriage Act, we told the judge that we are withdrawing this petition & we have filed a new petiton under Section 12 (1).

My lawyer told me that under Section 12 (1), i need not have to pay any maintenance, as the marriage wld be considered as void. 

Secondly as my lawyer is arguing that mental impotency also comes under Section 12 (1), how far do u agree with this.  My lawyer showed me some books which clearly states this.  The opposite lawyer is arguing that only physical impotency comes under Sec 12 (1). Pls clarify.

Vishal (Senior Exec.)     07 June 2010

Sir,

My question is Under Section 12 (1), the divorce petition can be put before one year of completion of marriage.  Pls reply as i am anticipating that the oppostie lawyer might raise objection on this.

Secondly Sir, my lawyer has informed me that under Section 12 (1), we need not pay her any permanent maintenance.  Pls throw light on this.

Thirdly Sir, my lawyer is arguing that mental impotency also comes under this Section 12 (1), & law books also states this.  Pls throw light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Vishal (Senior Exec.)     08 June 2010

Sir,

My question is Under Section 12 (1), the divorce petition can be put before one year of completion of marriage.  Pls reply as i am anticipating that the oppostie lawyer might raise objection on this.

Secondly Sir, my lawyer has informed me that under Section 12 (1), we need not pay her any permanent maintenance.  Pls throw light on this.

Thirdly Sir, my lawyer is arguing that mental impotency also comes under this Section 12 (1), & law books also states this.   Sir, If there is any similar judgement on this, request you to please post it. Pls throw light on this.

Your advice, guidance on the above matters will help me in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Pranjal Srivastava (Lawyer)     08 June 2010

Dear Mr. Vishal

As per going through your case I'm totally agree with my Friend Advo. Praphakar Ji.

Sec 12(1) of HMA deals only for getting decree of nullity of a marriage not DIVORCE. And Yes mental impotency is also covered in this Sec.

But I hardly understand why you not suit your petition with an application U/S 14 HMA

Exceptions of Sec 14 of HMA Provided that the court may, upon application made to it in

accordance with such rules as may be made by the High Court in.

that behalf, allow a petition to be presented 1[before one year has

elapsed] since the date of the marriage on the ground that the case is

one of exceptional hardship to the petitioner or of exceptional

depravity on the part of the respondent,

Know  your quarry about maintenance 

As per SEC 25 (3) of HMA If the court is satisfied that the party in whose favour an

order has been made under this section has re-married or, if such

party is the wife, that she has not remained chaste, or, if such party

is the husband, that he has had s*xual intercourse with any woman

outside wedlock, it may at the instance of the other party vary,

modify or rescind any such order in such manner as the court may deem

just].

Pranjal Srivastava (Lawyer)     08 June 2010

Even Under Sec 125CRPC

Magistrate may consider any grounds of refusal stated by her, and may

make an order under this section notwithstanding such offer, if he is

satisfied that there is just ground for so doing.

(4) No Wife shall be entitled to receive an allowance from her

husband under this section if she is living in adultery, or if,

without any sufficient reason, she refuses to live with her husband,

or if they are living separately by mutual consent.

(5) On proof that any wife in whose favour an order has been

made under this section is living in adultery, or that without

sufficient reason she refuses to live with her husband, or that they

are living separately by mutual consent, the Magistrate shall cancel

the order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register