LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam   26 December 2022

What will be the court verdict on 498a case

I got married 4 months ago and right from the first day of marriage my in laws started mentally harassing me for expensive gifts for the whole family, my husband invloved too. As I refused to give them any expensive gifts or dowry my MIL confiscated my gold jwellry (stree dhan) and threw my cloths and footwear out of her cupboard. After 3 weeks of marriage my husband insisted I go stay qith my mother to which I refused but he himself dropped to my maternal home. After that he sent me divorce notice unexpectedly. The way they treated me in their home was grounds for 498a case so filed the same but stated that I want to love with my husband just want my rights to be preserved at my matrimonial home so that no violence should take place at the hand of my inlaws or husband. Chargesheet has been filed. I just want to know will the court pass judgment in my favour? Will court order my husband to take me home and live with me without torturing me? Is it possible?

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 December 2022

You have already stated to have filed a case u/s 498 A IPC through an able, competent and intelligent lawyer, what is his/ her opinion / advise, proceed accordingly.

Besides the above case, did you claim protection, residence, streedhan and maintenance from your husband and in-laws ??  

1 Like

Sam   27 December 2022

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista

You have already stated to have filed a case u/s 498 A IPC through an able, competent and intelligent lawyer, what is his/ her opinion / advise, proceed accordingly.Besides the above case, did you claim protection, residence, streedhan and maintenance from your husband and in-laws ??  

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     27 December 2022

You need to file for recovery of your stri dhan and police will recover that for you;

The court decision would depend upon the witness statements ;

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2022

snatching of stridhan is non-bailable offence.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2022

@ Sam,

Instead of response to my query you have posted my reply, what do you want to ask ?

Best wishes for coming New Gorgion Year-2023 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2022

please come clear if you have to ask anything on the reply of Dr Vashista.

1 Like

Sam   30 December 2022

I am sorry Dr vashista, I accidentally reposted your answer. I meant to reply thank you. 

Thank you everyone for the responses.  I believe court will do me justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register