Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   19 December 2022

Court registrar can verify the original documents and give me back.

Dear all eminent lawyers,

Here are the brief details of my case  (I filed a civil case regarding overbilling  by my co-operative housing society).

* No written statement remark has been passed against the opposite party.

* The case is now marked for evidence stage.

However, my lawyer joined hands with the opposite party and he was not doing any advocacy and was undermining my case.  I have decided to change my lawyer.

Now I am told that I need to present the original copies to the court registrar so that he can verify the evidence.

Now my query:

I do not want to submit original evidence documents to the court. I want the court registrar to verify the original documents & give me back.  The reasons for it are multiple and one of them being that there is a possibility that the lawyer can take away the original documents submitted clandestinely.

Please let me know,

1. How can I do it? What is the procedure ?

2. What kind of application and covering letter should I give for the same? Please describe its contents.

3. Please also cite judgements and citations for this so that I can mention it in the covering letter.

Hope to see a lot of responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,

Dr. Veerendra Darakh

Learning

3 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   19 December 2022

Dear Sir, In that situation you should file a Supplementary Affidavit before Court by way of Registry but before that you should change your earlier council for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly about your case.
ADV ANURAG BHATT
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 December 2022

If you have lost faith in your lawyer you must replace him / her by another local prudent lawyer.

1 Like

Veerendra   20 December 2022

Yes. He will be replaced.

But even after that he can cause mischief and therefore I do not want the originals to be submitted to the court. The legal authorities can always verify it wheneever they want.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register