LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajarajeshkanna SB   14 December 2022

Suffering as a tenant

I have to vacate the house but the association refusing to permit me to vacate because as per the association my house owner not cleared the pending dues of maintenance...unless he clear his maintenance due the association not allowing the vehicle to get inside to vacate my flat..pls tell me what to do

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 December 2022

Issue a legal Notice to society - and state whatever you want to claim, 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 December 2022

After taking ownership of the property, the owner is responsible for all the maintenance fee payments. The tenant is responsible for paying the maintenance fees if it is mentioned in the rent agreement (owner-tenant agreement). Builders can ask for 12 to 24 months of maintenance fee payment at the time of possession.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2022

Yes, you may issue a legal notice. Whatever the situation and its compulsion, the Society management cannot take law in its hands.

SASANKAJYOTI SHARMA (INDEPENDENT FREELANCE LAW PROFESSIONAL)     14 December 2022

You are not responsible for the house owner's fault, subject to the conditions agreed in your Rent or Tenancy Agreement. The association is doing a wrongful restraint by not allowing your vehicle to enter for vacating rental premises. So, either you can approach the local police or contact a local lawyer for issuing a legal notice on the association for wrongful restraint.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2022

facts are not clear.  You hae not idicate since whehn you were residing and since when the dues are not paid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register