Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     12 November 2022

Landlocked property - what rate is the property owner expected to pay for access?

I own a property which has a neighbour at the far end of the property. The access road to my property ends at the entrance of my property.  The neighbour's plot is land-locked. His property is marked as a no-development-zone property as it touches a steep cliff and continues below the cliff from where he has access. However, it is not possible for him, from this access, to reach the part which touches my plot because of the steep cliff. His part on top has a widdth of about 10 meters only. If I need to give him access, the access will run through my entire property (several hundred meters in length). Am I required to give him access? At what rate is he required to pay for this access?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 November 2022

Drawing out a distinction between private property pure & simple and private property with an element of public character.Refer Kerala High court judgement in this regard.

1 Like

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     12 November 2022

Thank you Rachakonda sir. Can you provide the case citation or parties or some basis to locate the case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register