LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kotresh Em   09 October 2022

Release deed with will

My brother had released from family n 1996 and can my father makes a will including my brother name. If it's included my brother have a rights or not?

Learning

8 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2022

What do you mean by "My brother had released from family n 1996 ......................" ? Such a situation is unknown to law.

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

My brother is released from family via release deed in 1996 and assuming that my dad has written the will and added him as a beneficiary. My dad is having all inheritance property. In such case s my brother have a rights to claim. 

Based on the release deed i have soul owner of my father property so do I have a rights to sell 

Shashi Dhara   09 October 2022

Your father has right to dispose his share or assets as per his wishes ,no one can stop even if your brother has relinquished his rights over family properties.

Such release deed is of legal consequences. Your father has the absolute discretion to dispose of his property or bequeath the same during his lifetime. Moreover, the said brother is a legal heir to the property, left intestate.

Father is passed away in 2007 itself so still as we don't know that my father has written the will or not. Need to check in aub registrar office. If my father has written will before his expire and added my brother as a beneficiary then need to provide the his shares as per will? I have read in one of the document that ancestors property can't be included in the will. Is it so? Suppose my father written ancestors property in the will is it a valid? As my brother taken release from family in 1996 itself. Please let me know your opinion 

You are playing hide and seek with facts. Please post query with facts, not a riddle with facts in piece-meal.

1 Like

Please provide me your number will speak 

Information could be accessed from my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register