LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chander partap singh   04 October 2022

Seniority of candidates joined after clearance of waiting list

Sir, I am selected in Pharmacist through JKSSB selection. I was recommended through Reserve list (waiting list). I am UR( general unreserved candidate) . My marks/ merit is far better than category (SC, ST, of many OBC) candidates of initial /main list. My Rank in sekection list issued by JKSSB in the exam also better than the above said category candidates. So , When my seniority will be determined than I will be placed as per my merit and Rank in the selection or because if waiting list / reserve list my seniority will be determined at lower position. I came to know that there is right to get opportunity in selection time by principle of reservation (SC,ST,OBC) but reservation criteria does not get opportunity to a particular cadre/grade/service in seniority . . Please give your valuable suggestions on seniority of reserve list/waiting list candidates. Kindly provide any government order or Coury judgement clarifying this.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 October 2022

There is glaring mistake on the part of SSB, wherein your name is stated to have appeared in the waiting list of reserved catagory candidate despite the fact that you are a general candidate.

Even if you have scored better in comparision to reserve catagory candidates, your case shall be considered for recommendation / selection in the merit of general catagory only . 

You have mixed up facts vis-a-vis your queries in present case, re-draft.  .

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 October 2022

To my knowledge, seniroity is based on the position in the merit list.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register