LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lovely Nation   21 August 2022

Age restriction llb

In karnataka is there any age restriction to pursue llb 5yr integrated and 3yr llb course and can he/she become advocate in court after completion,any age restriction?

Learning

6 Replies

Anusha Sharma   22 August 2022

The BCI rules prescribe an upper age limit of 20 years for 5-year and 30 years for a 3-year LL. B course, which is followed in Karanataka as well.  

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 August 2022

The above mentioned rules have since been stayed by the Supreme Court dated 03.03.2017 in WP (Civil) No. 1023/2016. The Petition is pending for final disposal. 

As such, there is no age limit in pursuing LLB course in 5-year or 3-year stream. 

Attached File : 38535 20220822213604 interim order.pdf downloaded: 142 times
2 Like

Lovely Nation   30 August 2022

thanks sir have got admission this year without entrance exam like clat Lsat in 5 yr is entrance exam mandatory will the Supreme Court judgment retrospective if it validate bci decision
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 August 2022

You are an LLB student. Why don't you ascertain yourself whether the decision of the Supreme Court, in case the SLPs happen to be dismissed, could be of retrospective effect?

1 Like

Lovely Nation   01 September 2022

Sorry sir thanks little type mistake I have to take admission this year, they are telling admission is subject to final outcome of supreme court so little confused if bci decision is validated what happens to my admission in future and I have not taken any entrance exam..will the admitted students disqualify if the SC verdict comes in favor of bci..whether to take admission or not will the final order applies to admitted students pls clarify 🙏

krishna   09 June 2023

Originally posted by : P. Venu

The above mentioned rules have since been stayed by the Supreme Court dated 03.03.2017 in WP (Civil) No. 1023/2016. The Petition is pending for final disposal. As such, there is no age limit in pursuing LLB course in 5-year or 3-year stream. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register