Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dominic JS   24 August 2022

Status on the os suit case

Hello sir/madam,

I would like to know the current status of the OS case, which have legal jargons used, can someone help me to understand?

Last business comment:

IA8534/18 is pending call on 08.09.22 IA8543/08 IA1/22 is pending call on 08.09.22 IA1/22 Notice given AOS filed and recorded. Hence for filing counter by 08.09.22

What it meant by AOS filed?

Thanks.

Learning

10 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 August 2022

IA prefixed with number, means interlocutory (interim) application.

As stated by you, inter alia, that, " IA8534/18 is pending call on 08.09.22 IA8543/08 IA1/22 is pending call on 08.09.22"  is confusing /mixed up with something else.

Which court your suit in original side (OS) is pending, for my information ?

Your lawyer or any other local lawyer may explain as it is locally used abbreviation, if you want to know it before next date of hearing which is stated to be 08.09.2022.

1 Like

Dominic JS   24 August 2022

Thank you Dr. Vash*ta sir for your reply, greatly appreciate your time.

The case is pending at City Civil Court, Madras.

Current status: Court has appointed Advocate commissioner for inspection and the same has filled a report to the court, it was advised by my advocate to file an objection. The objection was filed and submitted dated 3rd August 2022. However, it is informed that a notice should be served to the plantiff counsil which I am not very clear off?

I am wondering on the next couse of action, can you please shed some light on the possible next sequences?

Thanks.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 August 2022

Since local (Advocate) commissioner has submitted his report to the court wherein you / your lawyer has already objected, it do not require fresh notice to plaintiff wherein both the parties have participated in court appointed commissioner.

There is something else, which you are unable to understand and communicate.

Contact and consult your lawyer regarding factual position and its proceeding

Dominic JS   25 August 2022

Thankyou sir for the explanation, but I'm not very confident how my lawyer handles this case (to be honest he is money centric and does not give proper explanation when asked). 

However, to give a brief history regarding this case, before the advocate commissioner submitted the report to the court there was a huge delay in submitting the report by him (as COVID suspended the regular activities), court in the interim time have arranged a MEDIATION between both parties. We are present from our side on the said date/time but the plaintiff is not interested to settle things amicably.

My question is we wanted to settle this issue peacefully, but the plaintiff is not willing to settle amicably. What is the best approach we can take from here on?

Thanks & Regards,

Dominic

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 August 2022

Please appreciate the case / dispute can be resolved amicably by give and take policy, try to convience the plaintiff.

Meanwhile the Court proceeding, including report of Court appointed local commissioner, shall remain withheld, as it is. 

1 Like

Dominic JS   26 August 2022

Sir, we wanted to settle the matter amicably. But it’s very hard to practically impossible to convenience the plaintiff. Does court in anyways consider this and render natural justice?

Kind Regards

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 August 2022

If course your efforts / action to settle the matter amicably shall be accepted / appreciated by every one including the the Court.

Rope in some common friend / relative / respectable persons of society to convience the plaintiff and bring him to negotiating table for peaceful "out of court" amicable settlement.

However, it is a two way traffic where both the litigating parties has to come to the table honestly for reconcilliation and compromise their disputed. 

Dominic JS   26 September 2023

Can someone suggest me how much time typically an enquiry proceedings will require before the court resolves the case? Please find the attached screenshot for the current status.

Attached File : 883171 20230926210829 screenshot.jpg downloaded: 46 times

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2023

What is the Case No.? What is the subject matter of IA 1/2022? 

Dominic JS   28 September 2023

Case No is OS / 3527. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register