LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pandu Shaik   13 July 2022

financial

my father's in law's are financially depended on my husband totally after our marriage beacuase we stay in their own house,,,but my husband cant manage all the things so he want to leave the parents but want to stay in that house,,,is we are eligible to stay in that house?

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 July 2022

Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 by Section 20(1)of the act, every Hindu son or daughter is under obligation to maintain aged and infirm parent, if unable to maintain himself or herself is entitled to maintenance.

The ministry of social justice and empowerment has finalised the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens (Amendment) Bill 2018. The imprisonment would be up to six months with and a fine up to Rs 10,000 or both.

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 July 2022

Hello,

Maintaining mother and father is your husband's duty morally and as per law. And on the other hand, your husband's stay at their house is at their mercy. So I think you get the answer to your query. 

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 July 2022

Yes, it is your husband's moral and legal duty to  mainten his parents.Your husband can not stay in father's property as a right.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 July 2022

Yes.  I agree with the advice of the above leanred expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal ji.

Swadha   02 August 2022

Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 by Section 20(1)of the act, every Hindu son or daughter is under obligation to maintain aged and infirm parent, if unable to maintain himself or herself is entitled to maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register