LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

estranged wife (Housewife)     08 July 2022

Husband not paying arrears of maintenance even after nbw

I was granted maintenance under sec 125 crpc for myself and child.Then I filed for recovery under section 125 (3) crpc. Husband didn't pay regularly and there are pending arrears.Recovery warrants,then arrest cum recovery warrants and finally recovery warrant plus NBW were issued.Even the NBW was not executed by police and they have sent it back with report that husband could not be traced despite best efforts.His lawyer came on court date and gave  a frivolous application that NBW cannot be  issued under sec 125(3).He  didn't deposit any amount.The court ordered to file reply to this application which I gave same day. Neither recovery warrant not NBW was reissued on that date and file was posted for hearing. I could not remain present on next date due to ill health.Thus for last two dates neither recovery warrant  nor NBW was reissued against husband.My husband is very rich and he has hired a very big lawyer.I appear in person due to financial constraints.Pending arrears amount to what he makes in just one month but he is not paying and enjoying life of luxury.Please let me know what is the next legal step for which I should pray to court on next date.Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 July 2022

Your counsel is the best person to advise and proceed.

1 Like

estranged wife (Housewife)     09 July 2022

As I mentioned in query I do not have a lawyer, and apear in person in this recovery case hence I am seeking advice from legal experts in this forum.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2022

You may file objection to the application and also take steps for early hearing.

1 Like

estranged wife (Housewife)     13 July 2022

Thankyou for responding to the query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register