LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajasekhar G   07 June 2022

Abusing by an SC woman- what action we can take

Sir/Madam, some years back my father built a small shop in a government land which is besides of his friend's land. at that time his friend was also agreed to build the same. after some years his friend was passed away. recently his family came back to native place and constructed their own house. after some days she and her son started abusing my family to demolish my shop. it's on every day. after that we have vacated our shop and as I got a job my father/mother didn't tried to reopen the shop. since last year one poor family residing in the same shop after permitted by my father without any rent. they are continuously abusing my family but my family never Quarrelled with them. I had came to know about this yesterday only as I came back to home after one year. yesterday she and her son used very abusive language near to my house and asking my family come out my house. since she is an SC and working as police constablemy father never tried to file a case against her. but now I can't hesitate the same. please guide me what I can do now. please guide 🙏

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 June 2022

Hello,

No one can abuse anyone without having any rights. You can approach the local police station and file a complaint against her about her abuse and threats. She does not have any privilege of being a police constable under the law. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 June 2022

Every person, irrespective of his religion, cast, creed are amenable to the laws of our country>

1 Like

Sravika Reddy Kohir   08 June 2022

Hello Rajasekhar G, I acknowledge your question. As we know everyone is equal before law and the supremacy of rule of law persists wherein there is a restriction over the arbitrary exercise of power by government. You can definitely take an action against any police officer for their illegal and arbitral actions under the name of power. But we cannot take law into our hands and take action but rather stay composed and file a complaint regarding the same. Or you can even file a complaint at your nearest Police Complaint Authority either in district level or in state level. Any incident that involves serious abuse of authority by any police officer, the issue can be taken up to the PCA and they shall enquire regarding the same and get a fair hearing. If you are not satisfied or think that the procedure wasn’t fair then you appeal or review the same by invoking writ jurisdiction of your High Court.

I hope I answered your query, if you still have any query, you can drop here.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Rajasekhar G   16 June 2022

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register