LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyusha 208 (Engineer)     19 April 2022

Separating from parents

I am 27 years old , working girl. I want to marry a boy(age 28 yr) who belongs to other cast (both are from same religions). From last 4 years i m trying to convenes that i want to marry with that boy. but they are not agree with this.
they are threatening me like they will do complaint against boy. Or they will harm themselves.  I clearly told them i will not give my signature against boys.They are pressurising me . giving mental torture. Now i m totally frustrated from my life. Everyday i am listening and watching motivational videos to move from this frustrations.But now i want to move from my house and i want to do legal marriage with him.
How i can move from my house with illegal action. how i give complaint against my parents if they wont leave me from my house.

Learning

12 Replies

Parasar   20 April 2022

did you do a back ground verification

Piyusha 208 (Engineer)     20 April 2022

why need background verfication? and whos background verification? Can you pleas explain me in details

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 April 2022

You are free to do anything you wish to do as you are well educated and also engineer your life.  Law cannot prohibit any such things done voluntarily and those acts if not illegal.

1 Like

Divya Vijayan   20 April 2022

You are of majority of age that is above 18 years and also you are able to maintain yourself without your parents assistance. You can move out from your parents house without any consequences. If you are afraid for your life, you can file an injunction order against your parents. It will stop them from doing a certain act. You can also contact the Women Cell of the local police department in the city you are living in and lodge a written complaint against your parents if they are threatening your life. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2022

As you are of marriagble age, you can maary at your discretion. Parents' approval or permission is not necessary.

However, the facts posted suggest no grounds to legally proceed against the prents.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 April 2022

If both of you agree get married and seek help of a local prudent lawyer to protect you from the torture of your parents / relatives/ society / any other person / authority. 

It is legally valid to get married against your parents /world-at-large.

Best wishes

1 Like

Piyusha 208 (Engineer)     21 April 2022

Thank you team to for suggestions. If I take help from lawyer from another city but in same state so is it valid or not. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 April 2022

It is valid and perfect.

1 Like

Piyusha 208 (Engineer)     23 April 2022

If I go for court marriage into another place , so is there any legal process or any documation to prove that I am came here on my own willingness. There is no pressure on me from anyone.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 April 2022

IT APPEARS FROM YOUR REPLY THAT THOUGH YOU ARE AN ENGINEER YOU LACK THE MATURITY  REQUIRED IAT YOUR AGE N TAKING DECISIONS IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE.  PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE AND DO NOT TAKE HASTY DECISIONS.  DO NOT HESITATE TO TAKE COUNSELING FROM A COMPETENT CONSULTANT TO AVOID FURTHER DEPRESSION.

sonam ranjan   02 May 2022

The government of India has proposed raising the minimum legal age of marriage for women from 18 to 21 years. As per the law, a woman can marry anyone if she is of legal age. For any legal advice contract the best lawyer in India. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 May 2022

Originally posted by : Piyusha 208

If I go for court marriage into another place , so is there any legal process or any documation to prove that I am came here on my own willingness. There is no pressure on me from anyone.

Registration of marriage is under the provisions of section 8 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (for marriage solemanised under Hindu customs & rituals) therefore, you can get it registered in the places specified therein the law.

What do you mean from your statement "...go for court marriage into another place ..."???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register