LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NRV   09 April 2022

Can file caveat on unknown opponents??

Sir/Madam, one of my friend purchased a land of twenty acres without knowing land history, it was double registration, owner  had sold this land as housing plots, my friend has possession  but no perfect title. There were lot of plot owners in that survey number. So, my friend is trying file caveat in local court but don't know plot owners names of opponents and address. Can file caveat mentioning only survey number? who come for injunction on that survey number it can prevent? court registry allow this petition? my lawyer say without opponents names can't file caveat, is it correct??

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 April 2022

No caveat could be filed againt unknown persons. There is very little chance for any order or injuction without hearing your friend, as he is in possession.

1 Like

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     10 April 2022

A Big NO, You can't. file a Caveat with out name. 

However in the Property Registrar ofice you can make an application that when ever any person comes for the transfer registration of that land pl you let be informed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 April 2022

I endorse the opinion and advise of experts.

It is better for your friend to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register