Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bibek Ghalay   29 March 2022

Case under mv act 177

Dear learned Sir (s),
I received a case in MV ACT 177 ( as the ticket says ) fornot wearing seat belt and have to go to LD Court for further action. The police personel also seized my papers. Sir in respect of West Bengal what will be the complete procedure to complete the needfull . Kindly Let me know, as i never happened to be involved in such cases earlier I am quite tensed.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 March 2022

Take copy of the challan and receipt issued by police with all documents of vehicle to the Magistrate court of jurisdiction.

1 Like

Bibek Ghalay   30 March 2022

Thank you for your response sir.

Sir is there something to worry about for this ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 March 2022

Nothing to be serious about and to be worried about, and just take precautions in the future.  It is a regular affair and not a criminal offense against any third party or property. 

Palak batra   31 March 2022

Dear Querist,

Challan is an official notification issued by authorities under Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 notifying the violator (Motor vehicle driver) of violations of traffic rules and regulations defined under the Act attracting penalties.

In the event of on-the spot challan being issued, the message will be sent to the violator’s mobile number whereas in case of e-challan, such message will be sent to the registered mobile number. The intimation will contain the address of the Court with the date and time where the violator has to appear before a Magistrate and submit the requisite penalty/fine.

If you do not submit the e-challan on time, your challan is likely to go to court. Following which the vehicle owner needs to go to court to pay fines. Even on-spot challan is also sent to the court by the traffic police after a period of 60 days, if not paid.

Regards,

Palak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register