LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NRV   21 March 2022

What will happen if caveat filed?

Sir/Madam we filed OS in civil court for temporary injunction, our counsel informed me there was caveat filed in our case. I know in caveat filed case directly we can't get any order by court without informing opponents. I want to know notices serving by court any difference in caveat case and caveat not filed case? some one said caveat filed case court call immediate appearance opponents it call summons, if not filed caveat court only ask opponents file written statement, is it correct?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 March 2022

The caveat petition is valid for only 90 days from the date of its filing. The caveator has a right to be informed and can claim a hearing in the application filed against the caveator if it is filed within 90 days of filing the caveat.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   21 March 2022

To avoid exparte injunction caveat will be filed ,so no immediate relief ,proceed case .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 March 2022

The registry shall accept your plaint only after serving the defendant and the case shall be heard by the court in presece of caveator / defendant.

How can a defendant / caveator be permitted to file caveat before filing an original suit (OS) ? Unbelievable 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register