LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BIJIT Kumar (service)     24 February 2022

Regarding poa and subsequent proceeding under section 207 ipc

Date: 24/02/2022 Respected Sir/Madam, Requested for your kind advice and fruitful suggestion in this regards: 1. A general Power of Attorney was registered by the bona fide Land Owner to my name in 2007 for a plot of land 25 Lessa (Area=3600 Sq. Ft.). Then out of 25 Lessa of above land, 10 Lessa (Area=1440 Sq. Ft.) land sale deed was registered in the name of my wife in 2007 where I had signed as seller and then mutation was done in 2008 & added my wife name in the Govt. records. Now, the said 10 Lessa (Area=1440 Sq. Ft.) land is under our procession with bounded by concrete wall. 2. In 2017 the said Land Owner/Power of Attorney executor lodged a complaint against me under Section 207 in the IPC in the office of the Additional Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) that I had made the said registration for transfer of 10 Lessa land and then mutation in the name of my wife in fraudulent means. Accordingly, Revenue department made a survey for measurement of land whether the mutated land is in our possession or not and found that the said land was under our possession. However, the case is still open and pending at that stage. 3. Recently, the said Land Owner/Power of Attorney executor lodged a complaint against me under Section 207 in the IPC in the Police Outpost that I had made the said registration for transfer of 10 Lessa land and then mutation in the name of my wife in fraudulent means and the POA was also fake etc. Now, the Police asked me to report to the Police Station along with all original documents like the POA, Registration deed, Land mutation documents etc. I shall be highly obliged for your kind and valuable advice/suggestion in this regards at the earliest please. Thanking you, Yours Sincerely, BK Borah Assam Email: bkb5219@gmail.com

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     26 February 2022

Dear Querist

Police cannot register a FIR u/s 207 IPC as the same offence it is non cognizable and police need magistrate order for any investigation or arrest.
Furthermore, your matter is of civil dispute and not criminal nature.

The apposite party may approach the civil court claiming Title of property and you may thereafter file your reply accordingly.

Now, ask police officials to send a written notice in your name for your appearance at police station with reference to any case duly registered at their Police station.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099

https://mohitchahaladvocate.business.site

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register