Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasaswi gomes (.)     03 February 2022

Legal conviction

Hi,

I have read new sections to and found out they are implemented. I have a doubt, if a person does a crime 10 years ago and caught today, what conviction will be given? As per old punishment or new punishment.

For example, a person stole property in 2000 and he was caught today and there was no FIR on him till date. Will he be punished under theft for three years or under new IPC397? 

Just for a joke: what will happen if the person does not accept the crime since it was an old crime?? 

Regards

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 February 2022

It is not a real story.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 February 2022

come cler with facts of the case.  This forum is not for testing skill of the experts nor is this a forum for jokes.

Criinal liability is still onw.  regarding accused not accepting the crime that none does and the police is paid and trained for their job.

1 Like

Aryan Raj   04 February 2022

In response to your query, 

Ex post facto: ​It specifies that a person cannot be penalised for an offence that was not charged as an offence at the time of commission, nor can he or she be subjected to a punishment larger than that which could have been imposed under the legislation in effect at the time of the offence's commission.

Therefore a person cannot be governed by a law which didn't exist at the time of commission of the offence.

Also dear queriest please make sure that you don't come here and write stuff up just for the sake of fun, there are many experts and respected advocates who are genuinely taking time out for answering queries here and we must value their efforts. 

Regards,

Aryan Raj ​​​​​​

1 Like

yasaswi gomes (.)     07 February 2022

The new problem is, I used to live in a small city which smells of sh*t. I used to drink and enjoy my life as a student and they are spreading rumours that I am uneducated. So I started writing blogs and finished off all core modules here: yasaswigomes.blogspot.com

not even chartered accountants and MBA’s finished off these problems. If anyone claims I’m uneducated, I am planning to show my professional blogs and convict them. Is it fair enough?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2022

come with facts of the case.

yasaswi gomes (.)     07 February 2022

I heard many times that people are spreading rumours that education is not fake. I don’t like that rumour being spread because it might cost others something. Society, students or authorities cannot be notorious to spread rumours that Indians are uneducated even if they are not. Once certified, everyone is qualified. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2023

facts if the case ?                      

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register