Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar   22 January 2022

Passport decleration

Hey

I have a situation here while trying to renew my passport.

I had a passport issued from my home town Chandigarh in 2010.That expired in 2020.

In the interim I got embroiled in certain criminal matters in 2014 and 2017 which were basically civil disputes and I am one of the accused (not prime accused).

Now all this criminal matters have my address of Chandigarh and I have been living in Mumbai since 2015. 
Any summons or warrants received are at my Chandigarh address till date.
All my documents like adhar ,voter id are of my mumbai address (current address).

While filling the passport the  form is asking
Are any proceedings in respect of an offence alleged to have been committed by you pending before a criminal court in India?
I do not wish to share these details as I feel the local police here will start harassing me.
If I do not declare these details what is the worst that can happen.

Also if I declare what will happen.

All my documents are authentic otherwise

Thanks

Amit Kumar

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     23 January 2022

Confiscation of passport and also criminal case may be initiated for not disclosing desired information.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 January 2022

Contraditory statement has been made by you, inter alia,

"In the interim I got embroiled in certain criminal matters in 2014 and 2017 which were basically civil disputes and I am one of the accused (not prime accused)."

Whether any summons and warrants are issued for civil disputes in Chandigarh court ?

1 Like

Amit Kumar   23 January 2022

Respected Sir
Thank  you for your response.

When the case began then Summons were issued and bail was obtained on subsequent hearings.No arrest was ever made or demanded.

There is no civil matter as such but a 138 case and another criminal case where there are many accused including myself facing 471 & 120B.
In 138 case bail has been granted and no warrants exsist as I attend all hearings.

Similarly in the criminal case bail has been granted and no warrants ever exsisted.

In no bail application has the court asked or mentioned any details pertaining to my passport.

My query is that in the event I do not declare the cases that are there and there is no such record with the local police then can I get into any sort of trouble.

I know of an acquiantance who declared his details and was harassed by his local police even though they had nothing to do with it.

Thanks 

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2022

This platform cannot recommend suppression of material facts to mislead authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register