LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gopal (manager)     24 May 2010

tortures wife

my younger brother got married last year and having a six month old daughter. the problem is his wife always complaining of something or other blaming sister and mother for all her troubles. she even blames that my parents are torturing her mentally, last but not least the recent blame is that she is been physically tortured. the issue was raised several times to her parents also and was sent back to her parents hous. the last incident happened recently when she called up her father to take her out blaming that she is been physically tortured. my whole family is in shock and doesn't know what to do as sometimes she blames and relate the incident with dowry. my query is that the moment this is made a legal issue the law will put my brother behind bars. can anyone suggest what to do to prevent such happenings in future without raising any legal issue now as we want to resolve the issue as her family is really good and she is ill tempered. We don't have any evidense and we don't want to make the issue a public affair.

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     24 May 2010

WELL FAMILY SETTLEMENT IS ALWAYS AN BEST IDEAN IN CASES LIKE YOURS, TELL HER TO TAKE FINAL DECISION.

OR

IF POSSIBLE, FOR YOU AND IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED HER THEN TRY TO LEAVE IN A SEPARATE HOUSE, IF IT DOES NOT WORK OUT THEN YOU AND HER HAVE TO TAKE SOME DECISION.

BUT I WILL ADVISE TO SOME HOW SETTLE THE ISSUE AND STAY WITH HER, AS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR WIFE, YOUR DAUGHTER WILL GET PUNISHMENT IF YOU AND YOUR WIFE DECIDE TO STAY SEPARATE.

REGARDS 

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     24 May 2010

She is hot headed. No mediation possible. Think of alternatives. No body suggests break up of marriages. But, when needed all avenues have to be explored. I do not understand what her family, though good, can do. Then, and it is a big then, how do we know that what is written is the gospel truth?

1 Like

(Guest)

My dear friend you said that your brother got married last year.Now a days few women  due to Media and other sources Women are not feeling they are dependant on any one.After getting married they wand their Husband to Dance on their Finger tips and they are interested in Nuclear Families but not Combined Families because they want to run out of responsibilities and enjoy the life with Husbands earning’s.So they create such a situation so that husband should come out of the family and live in a separate family.Now you said she is bad tempered and blames other’s its due to ego its quite commonly going bitter fact that few women don’t care of their in laws and they want to step out of the home.If the Husband denies she will put Dowry cases on the entire family now you people will suffer.

The best thing is first inform her parents about her behavior and try to change her and then go to Family Professional Counciller’s and then let her know the values of  Combined Family and how to maintain harmony at her in-laws house then things will come to normal.

1 Like

gopal (manager)     25 May 2010

Dear all,

thanks a lot for all your reply. My query is can i take some legal protection for my parents/family from any such allegations, if yes then kindly guide me with reference sec.

thanks once again.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 May 2010

Take pre emptive step by lodging police complaint against her. Not that it is going to solve all your problem, but you would be creating some documentary evidence when she goes to court which I am sure she will go one day. 

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     26 May 2010

Yes you can take some legal precausion.

First write a letter  to your in law stating all but without blaming her. be diplomatic.

second ask her to stay with you politely or else let her disclose her motivation and you need to record all these.

Discuss your problem with your friend and family as to inform her behavior and dont by shy.

take a rented house and stay there. Disown yourself legally from your parents.

try to keep all conversation as recorded. make some LIC or short of insurance of her name and show that the Policy is being made by your parents(just for eyewash). Keep all the documents where ever you go even a receipt copy of ATM transaction.

Be polite in all situation and always open the door for the discussion with them.

I think these will helps you lot to protect your family from her intension.

Wish You All the best.

regards

Rajkumar

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     27 May 2010

These are hard facs of life. Forget being goody-goody to her and don't expect any help from her family. They are all in it. For money, all of them can go to any extent.

Basavaraj (SOMETHING)     07 June 2010

My case is also same but one difference my wife's parents are also not good, She always tells to put dowry case on my mother and brothers, So i have put divorce petetion,

Call her for family counselling and keep record that she has ill mentality

If your brother is bold then let him file divorce case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register