Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aakanksha Shrivastav   06 January 2022

Data breach

Hi,

I am accountant by profession. I joined a company which does US accounting. It is a small start up. I was from indian accounting background so was thrilled with the revenue that I shared in a random chat to my boyfriend that the company must earn 1.5-1 L only from one client. I never saw our P&L books though.

Later, me and my teammates and infact most of the employees were underpaid and overburdened with the work that we want to leave the company. Then we got idea that why don't we start a small set up of US book keeping if it get flourished then we do not need to work. We steal a vendor email id of our clients so that we can do email marketing to them. We do not targeted the actual clients but their vendor. I kept my Whatsapp chat opened in my office desktop because our clients for easy communication were connected by our Whatsapp and me and my teammates had a conversation in jokingly that we will leak data tonight.

Then my own company without my knowledge breached my Whatsapp data. Which had very private chats and pictures with my boyfriend and all this conversations with my friends.

They threatened us for data breaching and forcefully made us write apology letter.

They threaten us that they have our Whatsapp screenshot as evidence and they can take legal actions against me and my friends.

I am very disturbed mostly because they read some very private and sensitive conversations of mine which they should not read. Is there any way I can take legal actions against them.

Please advise they do not terminated me as they do not have my substitute but I feel really disgusting and disturbed that this happened.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 January 2022

Proves are required for breach of your watsapp data. The GDPR gives you a right to claim compensation from an organisation if you have suffered damage as a result of it breaking data protection law. This includes both “material damage” (e.g. you have lost money) or “non-material damage” (e.g. you have suffered distress).

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register