LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devender Singh   19 December 2021

Separate electric connection in the name tenant in himachal pradesh

I have some differences between me and my son mostly over electricity bill and many more. I have given him some portion of my house on rent ( legal agreement ). He wants a electric connection in his name and I have no problem. He asked electrical department HPSEBL and they refused for want of NOC from municipal corporation and MC again refused because our house is 25 years old and approved accordingly but not as per new norms. It's built-up area is approx 6 Sq mtrs more than permissible due to perhaps stairs which goes to upper story ( total 120 Sq mtrs ). We are ready to pay MC for extra built-up area and have not grabbed any other's land and no dispute with anyone. MC asked us to dismantle excess built-up stairs which will make it look ugly and worthless. It's a joint house with my brother and he doesn't want to make any alterations whatsoever. All this is verbally said by MC and electricity board and they have not received any documents from us or given any written objections.
My question is that can't electricity board give us a electric connection on their own level because our house is already having 2 separate connections in my and my brother's name and we have no liability pending to electricity board or municipal corporation. Kindly help and guide if possible

Learning

2 Replies

Dipro Hajra   20 December 2021

In response to the query,

Your son is eligible to get a seperate electricity connection, only few thiings are needed Noc from the owner of the property that is you, proof of permanent residential address, the fee required, the passport, adhar card , voter ID cardSelf- certification for electrical installation of the premises of the consumer for which new connection is being applied for or the test results duly signed by the licensed Electrical Contractor. Regarding the excess built up area, make an application to to the Municipal corporation concerned for inspection by the assistant engineer and they will suggest you the needful. They will try to regularise the excess built up area as per fees. 

1 Like

Devender Singh   21 December 2021

Originally posted by : Dipro Hajra

In response to the query,Your son is eligible to get a seperate electricity connection, only few thiings are needed Noc from the owner of the property that is you, proof of permanent residential address, the fee required, the passport, adhar card , voter ID cardSelf- certification for electrical installation of the premises of the consumer for which new connection is being applied for or the test results duly signed by the licensed Electrical Contractor. Regarding the excess built up area, make an application to to the Municipal corporation concerned for inspection by the assistant engineer and they will suggest you the needful. They will try to regularise the excess built up area as per fees. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register