Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biman Ghara   29 October 2021

Is Government office bound to issue another released letter ??

I worked as a Process server in a district court of West Bengal. But due to some personal reason I submitted resignation letter and my resignation had been accepted after 6 months of submitting resignation. Then almost 3 years has gone and I have gotten another west Bengal Government job and the head of the office is asking for resignation acceptance letter but problem is I could not find it now. So, I went to my previous office but they refused to issue another resignation acceptance letter as my relationship was not good with the office due to leaving their office. It is a Government office so what can I do to get it ????

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 October 2021

You can get it through R.T.I. application to the concern. 

How can I apply for RTI online?

Visit the official RTI portal https://rtionline.gov.in.

1. For submitting an RTI application click on submit request option.
  2. On clicking on submit request option 'Guidelines for use of RTI ONLINE PORTAL' screen will be displayed. ...
  3. Then Online RTI Request Form screen will be displayed.
1 Like

Kevin Moses Paul   29 October 2021

As per your concern let me inform you that section 2 clause (f) of the RTI Act, 2005 has clearly defined the term "Information" which can be obtained with the help of the said Act.
The section 2(f) of the RTI Act, 2005 can be read as follows:- "The word 'information' means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e- mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, report, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force."

Similar, under Section 6 of the RTI Act any individual can get any information which is already in existence and accessible to the public authority under law. Moreover, under the RTI Act an applicant is entitled to get copy of the opinions, advices, circulars, orders, etc., but he cannot ask for any information as to why such opinions, advices, circulars, orders, etc. have been passed.

Thus, it is advisable to file an RTI to your former office in order to obtain the copy of your resignation acceptance. The process to file the same has already been states by expert Mr. Rama, follow the instructions laid by him to resolve the issue.

Hope It Helps!

Regards,
Kevin M. Paul

Biman Ghara   29 October 2021

what will be subject of the RTI ??? May I write Prayer for getting my resignation Acceptance letter under RTI act 2005

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2021

You have to ask them "copy of the letter dated .............. acccepting the resignation dated.......... from the post of ........."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register