LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

walia (student)     20 May 2010

Raising of Gratuity Limit

As you are already aware that Parliament as well as Rajya Sabha passed the Gratuity Act by raising the Gratuity Limit from 3.5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh. Please inform how much days President of India will take for issusing this ordinance, PLz also inform from which date this Gratuity Limit will be raised from Rs. 3.5 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh. Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     20 May 2010

Copy of the Publication in Gazzette by GOI enhancing the Gratuity ceiling to Rs.10.00 lacs WEF 1.1.2006

Attached File : 47 47 gratuity.pdf downloaded: 175 times
1 Like

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     25 May 2010

Sir,

The Gratuity Amendment Bill 2009 is effective from 1.1.2006 and the recent Gratuity Amendment Bill 2010 is effective from the day it was passed by the parliament i.e. 5.5.2010. Why this discrimination? The Goverment is favouring central govt. employees and not the employees of PSUs. Why? If there were no PSUs, there would have not been such a all round progress of our country. No employee is lesser than the other. So this recent amendment bill of 2010 should be effective from 1.1.06 as in the case of central govt. employees. I request labour ministry not to discriminate and the effective date should be 1.1.06.

1 Like

sudhirtelang (advocate)     07 June 2010

i think gratuity bill2009 passed on 16th december 09 is for change of definition of employees to bring teachers in the purview of gratuity payment from effective date april1997.pl send details where gratuitypayment date effective from 1/1/2006 has been giiven

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register