LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekhar R.   18 October 2021

Incorrect pan in sale deed

We recently purchased a resale property in Bangalore. My wife is the Primary Buyer and I am the second/co-buyer.
I just realized that in the 1st page of deed, my PAN is incorrect (though Aadhaar number is correct). I want to understand what are the implications of the same.
We want to do rectification deed but seller lives in another city and is not keen on traveling to Bangalore when its my mistake to notice at the time of signing.
Do we have the option of filling an affidavit clarifying the correct PAN ?
Also assuming that Sub-registrar office has correct details (since they took Aadhaar copy which is linked to my PAN number) , can we get a correction certificate from them ?

Learning

8 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 October 2021

Aadhar details are OK and PAN number wrongly mentioned. PAN is required to be mentioned for the benefit of Income Tax Department and a mistake in PAN number does not affect the validity of Sale deed.

You may contact a CA and seek his guidance how to rectify this mistake as the details of PAN sent by or captured from Registration Department throw an error at vthevend of IT Department. CA may give a better clarification and suggest how to rectify, may be an affidavit to IT Dept with copy of Sale Deed.

1 Like

Sekhar R.   19 October 2021

Thanks a lot Sir for your reply. There is a possibility that wrong PAN number is only typed on the document against the joint second buyer. Sub-registrar office might have captured the correct PAN since we showed it to them. Is it possible to check that online?

Regarding IT, TDS deposit was done using my wife's PAN since she is primary buyer and that is correct all along.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 October 2021

I don't think what's captured by IT Department is available  on line for verification.May be o/o the Registrar can verify their records and inform you. As already suggested its better to seek guidance from CA to know the implications and ways to rectify the mistake,big its needed.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 October 2021

Do not make a mountain out of a mole, these small mistakes can never affect the validity of the registered document. in any way.

1 Like

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     19 October 2021

Dear Shri G.L.N. Prasad - Small mistakes lead to a lot of trouble. For example my name is spelt as BHARATI, BHATARTHI, BARATHY BHARAATHEE etc. as per the mood of various typists in Revenue Department, Telephone Department, Ration Card etc. Funily the spelling error in Passport and Aadhaar with same bio metrics make me a different person in Passport Department and they insist I change myu name in Aadhaar. The name is same as Aadhaar in PAN. Aadhaar people want a proof on Name and I am in a catch 22 situation. So now I am a spree to coreect my name with the help of a battery of advocates. So the computer does not accept even case sensitive errors. Better be OK from the beginning

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 October 2021

No such problem / issue if there is endorsement of wrong PAN in sale deed.

1 Like

Shawn (business)     15 October 2022

I'm a US Citizen and an OCI Card Holder since 2011. I purchased a property in 2013 where the Deed of Sale was executed unilaterally by the builder wherein my nationality was incorrectly mentioned as 'Indian National' instead of 'US Citizen and OCI card holder'. Is it possible execute a rectification for this.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 October 2022

Originally posted by : Shehan Menezes

I'm a US Citizen and an OCI Card Holder since 2011. I purchased a property in 2013 where the Deed of Sale was executed unilaterally by the builder wherein my nationality was incorrectly mentioned as 'Indian National' instead of 'US Citizen and OCI card holder'. Is it possible execute a rectification for this.

You should have posted this query on a separate thread, as continuation of this post has made it confusing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register